Rome News-Tribune is the local daily newspaper of Rome, Georgia, in the United States. Begun originally as a weekly newspaper, the paper has survived several merges with other newspapers. Aside from several months during the Civil War, the paper has been published continuously since 1843. It was owned by the Mooney family from 1928 to 2015, when it and its sister weekly papers were sold in a bankruptcy auction to the parent of the Marietta Daily Journal.
|Headquarters||305 East 6th Avenue, Rome, Georgia, USA|
|Website||Rome News Tribune|
Notable former writersEdit
- News Publishing Company – History
- Editorial Department Rome News-Tribune
- Cox, Calvin; Grimes, Millard B. (1985). The last linotype: the story of Georgia and its newspapers since World War II. Macon, GA: Mercer University Press. p. 403. ISBN 0-86554-190-6.
- Rome News-Tribune Newseum
- Marietta Daily Journal has successful bid for Rome newspaper group