1974 Italian Grand Prix
The 1974 Italian Grand Prix was a Formula One motor race held at Monza on 8 September 1974. It was race 13 of 15 in both the 1974 World Championship of Drivers and the 1974 International Cup for Formula One Manufacturers. The 52-lap race was won by Lotus driver Ronnie Peterson after he started from seventh position. Emerson Fittipaldi finished second for the McLaren team and Tyrrell driver Jody Scheckter came in third.
|1974 Italian Grand Prix|
|Date||September 8, 1974|
|Official name||XLV Gran Premio d'Italia|
|Location||Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Monza, Italy|
|Course||Permanent racing facility|
|Course length||5.780 km (3.591 mi)|
|Distance||52 laps, 300.56 km (186.732 mi)|
|Time||1:34.2 on lap 46|
- Monza had been slightly modified from the year before, with the Ascari chicane being reprofiled and made slower.
- It was Ronnie Peterson's second Italian Grand Prix win in a row.
- It was the second straight year at Monza that Peterson and Fittipaldi finished first and second.
- It was the final points of Arturo Merzario's Formula One career.
Championship standings after the raceEdit
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings. Only the best 7 results from the first 8 races and the best 6 results from the last 7 races counted towards the Championship. Numbers without parentheses are Championship points; numbers in parentheses are total points scored.
1974 Austrian Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship
1974 Canadian Grand Prix
1973 Italian Grand Prix
|Italian Grand Prix||Next race:|
1975 Italian Grand Prix