1969 Tasman Series
|1969 Tasman Series|
The 1969 Tasman Series was a motor racing competition staged in New Zealand and Australia  for cars complying with the Tasman Formula. The series, which commenced on 4 January 1969 and ended on 16 February 1969 after seven rounds, was the sixth annual Tasman Series. It was won by Chris Amon, driving a Dino 246 Tasmania.
The series was contested over seven races.
|Round||Name||Circuit ||Date ||Winning driver ||Car||Entrant||Report|
|1||New Zealand Grand Prix||Pukekohe||4 January||Chris Amon||Dino 246 Tasmania||Scuderia Veloce||Report|
|2||Levin International||Levin||11 January||Chris Amon||Dino 246 Tasmania||Scuderia Veloce||Report|
|3||Lady Wigram Trophy||Wigram||19 January||Jochen Rindt||Lotus 49B Ford Cosworth DFW||World Wide Racing||Report|
|4||Teretonga International||Teretonga||25 January||Piers Courage||Brabham BT24 Ford Cosworth DFW||Frank Williams Racing||Report|
|Australia||5||Australian Grand Prix||Lakeside||2 February||Chris Amon||Dino 246 Tasmania||Scuderia Veloce ||Report|
|6||Warwick Farm International||Warwick Farm||9 February||Jochen Rindt||Lotus 49B Ford Cosworth DFW||World Wide Racing ||Report|
|7||Sandown International 100||Sandown||16 February||Chris Amon||Dino 246 Tasmania||Scuderia Veloce||Report|
Series points were awarded at each race on the following basis.
All points scored by each driver were retained to determine final series placings.
- Thomas B Floyd, Amon Gives Ferrari a Tasman, Australian Motor Racing Annual, pages 6 to 17 & 30 to 63
- Tasman Cup 1969, oldracingcars.com Retrieved on 16 March 2015
- 1969 , The official 50-race history of the Australian Grand Prix, pages 336 to 344
- Results (Warwick Farm), Racing Car News, March 1969, page 47
- Tasman Series 1969, www.sergent.com.au Retrieved on 5 March 2015
- The names of the fourteen drivers who scored points in the series and were classified in the final standings were sourced from www.sergent.com.au
- The names of the drivers who did not score points in the series and were not classified in the final standings were sourced from oldracingcars.com
- Official Programme, Australian Grand Prix, Lakeside, 2 February 1969
- 1969 Season, www.sergent.com.au Retrieved on 6 March 2015