1967 PGA Tour
The 1967 PGA Tour season was played from January 12 to December 3, and consisted of 40 official money events. Jack Nicklaus won the most tournaments, five, and there were five first-time winners. Nicklaus was the leading money winner with earnings of $188,998. Nicklaus was voted the PGA Player of the Year and Arnold Palmer won the Vardon Trophy for the lowest scoring average.
The following table shows all the official money events for the 1967 season. "Date" is the ending date of the tournament. The numbers in parentheses after the winners' names are the number of wins they had on the tour up to and including that event. Majors are shown in bold.
|1||Jack Nicklaus||United States||188,998|
|2||Arnold Palmer||United States||184,065|
|3||Billy Casper||United States||129,423|
|4||Julius Boros||United States||126,785|
|5||Dan Sikes||United States||111,508|
|6||Doug Sanders||United States||109,455|
|7||Frank Beard||United States||105,778|
|8||George Archer||United States||84,344|
|9||Gay Brewer||United States||78,548|
|10||Bob Goalby||United States||77,106|
|Money winner||Jack Nicklaus||United States|
|PGA Player of the Year||Jack Nicklaus||United States|
|Scoring leader (Vardon Trophy)||Arnold Palmer||United States|
- "Nicklaus Earns Pro Golfer Award". Daytona Beach Morning Journal. Daytona Beach, Florida. AP. November 14, 1967. p. 12. Retrieved March 20, 2013.
- "Jack's Birdie Binge Wins Crosby By 5". St. Petersburg Times. Florida. AP. January 24, 1967. p. 1-C.
- "Sanders Makes Doral Chance Golden". St. Petersburg Times. Florida. AP. March 6, 1967. p. 1-C.
- "Yancey's Finish Wins Dallas Golf". St. Petersburg Times. Florida. AP. April 25, 1967. p. 1-C.
- "Jack Nicklaus Wins Sahara Golf Tourney". Rome News-Tribune. Georgia. AP. October 29, 1967. p. 11.
- "Wysong Tops Casper". St. Petersburg Times. Florida. AP. November 6, 1967. p. 3-C.
- "1967 winners sorted by age". PGA Tour. July 9, 2008. Retrieved March 19, 2013.
- Johnson, Sal; Seanor, Dave, eds. (2009). The USA Today Golfers Encyclopedia. New York, New York: Skyhorse Publishing. pp. 662–8. ISBN 978-1-60239-302-8.
- "Nicklaus is PGA Leading Money Maker". Naugatuck Daily News. Naugatuck, Connecticut. UPI. December 5, 1967. p. 5.