1964 PGA Tour
The 1964 PGA Tour season was played from January 3 to November 22. The season consisted of 44 official money events. Tony Lema won the most tournaments, five, and there were seven first-time winners. Jack Nicklaus was the leading money winner with earnings of $113,285. Ken Venturi was voted the PGA Player of the Year and Arnold Palmer won the Vardon Trophy for the lowest scoring average.
The following table shows all the official money events for the 1964 season. "Date" is the ending date of the tournament. The numbers in parentheses after the winners' names are the number of wins they had on the tour up to and including that event. Majors are shown in bold.
|1||Jack Nicklaus||United States||113,285|
|2||Arnold Palmer||United States||113,203|
|3||Billy Casper||United States||90,130|
|4||Tony Lema||United States||74,130|
|5||Bobby Nichols||United States||74,013|
|6||Ken Venturi||United States||62,466|
|7||Gary Player||South Africa||64,490|
|8||Mason Rudolph||United States||52,569|
|9||Chi-Chi Rodríguez||United States||49,339|
|10||Mike Souchak||United States||39,559|
|Money winner||Jack Nicklaus||United States|
|PGA Player of the Year||Ken Venturi||United States|
|Scoring leader (Vardon Trophy)||Arnold Palmer||United States|
- "P.G.A. Picks Venturi As Golfer of Year". The New York Times. UPI. October 4, 1964. Retrieved March 20, 2013.
- "Rodriguez Steady To Nip January". Beaver County Times. Pennsylvania. UPI. January 28, 1964. p. 12.
- "Player Has 71 To Win Playoff". Daytona Beach Morning Journal. Florida. AP. March 10, 1964. p. 6.
- "Casper Beats Brown In Almaden Playoff". The Pittsburgh Press. Pennsylvania. UPI. November 4, 1964. p. 74.
- "1964 winners sorted by age". PGA Tour. July 9, 2008. Retrieved March 19, 2013.
- Johnson, Sal; Seanor, Dave, eds. (2009). The USA Today Golfers Encyclopedia. New York, New York: Skyhorse Publishing. pp. 643–50. ISBN 978-1-60239-302-8.
- "Nicklaus Exempt From Fees In 1965 Events". The Robesonian. Lumberton, North Carolina. AP. November 24, 1964. p. 8. Retrieved March 20, 2013.