Events in the year 1958 in Turkey.
|See also:||List of years in Turkey|
Ruling party and the main oppositionEdit
- 16 January – Nine army officers arrested for plotting against the government.
- 1 March – Commuter boat Üsküdar sinks. Most of the passengers were students.
- 2 June – Publication ban on the statements made by İsmet İnönü, the opposition leader
- 7 June – Series of public demonstrations concerning Cyprus dispute begin.
- 20 July – Partial mobilization after the revolution in Iraq
- 3 January – Cafer Tayyar Eğilmez (born in 1877), former general
- 25 January – Cemil Topuzlu (born in 1868), one of the pioneers of modern medicine
- 10 February – Nezihe Muhiddin, female activist, journalist
- 28 February – Zeki Üngör (born in 1880), musician
- 15 July – Cemil Cahit Toydemir (born in 1883), former government minister (15th government of Turkey)
- 1 November – Yahya Kemal Beyatlı (born in 1884), poet
- Türkiye'nin 70 yılı, Tempo, İstanbul, 1998, pp 136–140
- Biography page (in Turkish)