This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016)
1957 in the Philippines details events of note that happened in the Philippines in the year 1957.
- Vice President:
- Chief Justice: Ricardo Paras
- Congress: 3rd (until December 10)
- March 17 – President Magsaysay dies in a plane crash; Vice-President Carlos P. Garcia assumes the presidency.
- June 12 – Silay becomes a city in the province of Negros Occidental through Republic Act 1621.
- June 20 - The Anti-Subversion Act was signed into law outlawing the Communist Party of the Philippines, its military arm commonly known as the Hukbalahap, as well as potential succeeding organizations.
- November 14 – Carlos P. Garcia elected President of the Republic of the Philippines.
- January 4 – Rafael Nantes, governor of the Province of Quezon, Philippines from 2007 to 2010. (d. 2010)
- January 17 – Hilda Koronel, actress
- January 20 – Jessie Dellosa, Chief of staff of the Philippine Armed Forces
- January 22 – Rene Requiestas, Filipino actor and comedian. (d. 1993)
- January 30 – Paeng Nepomuceno, six-time World Bowling Champion Filipino bowler
- February 13 – Francisco Duque III, current Philippine Secretary of Health
- February 14 – Rolando Navarrete, Filipino ex-boxer
- February 23 – Mel Sta. Maria, Filipino lawyer, broadcaster, professor in Ateneo Law School and dean of Far Eastern University Institute of Law since November 2013
- March 23 – Victoria Sy-Alvarado, Filipino politician.
- April 22 – Jaime Aristotle Alip, Filipino entrepreneur, politician and the Founder and Managing Director of the CARD Mutually Reinforcing Institutions
- May 6 – Benedicto Ducat, Filipino impressionist painter
- May 13 – Mar Roxas, former Senator of the Philippines
- June 21 –Luis Antonio Tagle, Roman Catholic Filipino Cardinal
- July 20 – Judith Cajes, Filipino politician
- August 4 – Mark Joseph, actor (d. 2020)
- August 19 – Maria Isabel Lopez, actress
- September 7:
- September 8 – Liza Maza, member of the Philippine House of Representatives
- September 13 – Ferdinand Marcos, Jr., Filipino politician and senator in the 16th Congress.
- September 23 – Bernardo Piñol, Jr., Filipino politician and journalist.
- October 7 – Joey Marquez, Filipino actor, comedian, and politician.
- November 12 – Abdulmunir Mundoc Arbison, Filipino politician
- November 14 – Ronnie Lazaro, actor
- December 8 – Rodolfo Luat, Filipino professional pool player
- December 14 – Tim Cone, American PBA head coach
- December 24 – Frederick Adams, basketball player
- December 26 – Rey Fortaleza, Olympic boxer
- March 17:
- June 14 - Maria Beatriz del Rosario Arroyo, Filipino nun and the founder of the Dominican Sisters of the Most Holy Rosary of the Philippines (b. 1884)
- August 4 - Eugenio Pérez, Filipino politician (b. 1896)