1957 African Cup of Nations
The 1957 African Cup of Nations was the first edition of the Africa Cup of Nations, the football championship of Africa (CAF), and was hosted by Sudan. The participating teams were Egypt, Sudan, and Ethiopia.
|كأس أمم أفريقيا 1957|
|Dates||10 – 15 February|
|Champions||Egypt (1st title)|
|Top scorer(s)||El-Diba (5 goals)|
South Africa were due to play Ethiopia in the semi-finals, but were disqualified due to apartheid. Ethiopia therefore had a bye to the final, whilst in the other semi-final at Municipal Stadium in Khartoum, the Egyptians beat the host nation 2−1.
|Al-Bashir 58'||Ateya 21' (pen.)
- 5 goals
- 1 goal
- Khaled Abul-Oyoun; Ken Knight; Neil Morrison; Karel Stokkermans (3 October 2013). "African Nations Cup 1957". Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- New dawn for Ethiopia after Nations Cup qualification - BBC Sport
- FIFA : The day it all started for Ad-Diba and the Pharaohs (16 Feb 2017) 
- (Polish) - Onet sport : Puchar Narodów Afryki, czyli piłkarska fantazja w środku ligowego sezonu, by PAWEŁ BANACZYK (14 January 2017) 
- Khaled Abul-Oyoun; Ken Knight; Neil Morrison; Karel Stokkermans (3 October 2013). "African Nations Cup 1957". Retrieved 27 January 2019.
- (Italian) - Opinione Pubblica : Sessant’anni fa la prima Coppa delle Nazioni d’Africa, by i Marco Bagozzi (14 January 2017) 
Media related to 1957 African Cup of Nations at Wikimedia Commons