The year 1857 in architecture involved some significant events.
Buildings and structuresEdit
- Absecon Lighthouse in Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States, designed by George Meade.
- Ahırkapı Feneri (lighthouse), Istanbul, Turkey, designed by French engineers.
- Britannia Music Hall, Glasgow, Scotland, designed by Thomas Gildard and H. M. McFarlane.
- Old Town Hall, Silkeborg, Denmark, designed by H. C. Zeltner.
- Schwerin Palace, Mecklenburg, largely designed by Georg Adolf Demmler.
- Borujerdis House, Kashan, Persia, designed by Ustad Ali Maryam.
- Pont Saint-Michel, Paris, France, designed by Paul-Martin Gallocher de Lagalisserie and Paul Vaudrey.
- Basilica of Sainte-Clotilde, Paris, France, completed by Théodore Ballu to the design of Franz Christian Gau.
- All Saints' Church, Maidenhead, England, designed and with murals painted by George Edmund Street, with associated school.
- Museum, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland, designed by Thomas Deane and Benjamin Woodward.
- United States Custom House, designed by Ammi B. Young, opens in Providence, Rhode Island
- Zeldenrust, Zuidbarge smock mill, Netherlands.