The year 1790 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
|Buildings and structures+...|
Buildings and structuresEdit
- New church of the Abbey of St Genevieve in Paris, designed by Jacques-Germain Soufflot and finished by Jean-Baptiste Rondelet, is completed to serve as the Panthéon.
- Estrela Basilica in Lisbon.
- All Saints church, Wellington, Shropshire, England, designed by George Steuart.
- Royal Observatory in Madrid, designed by Juan de Villanueva.
- The Pitot House, New Orleans built by Don Santiago Lorreins (bought by James Pitot in 1809).
- The John Dodd Hat Shop in Danbury, Connecticut, built by lawyer John Dodd.
- The bridge at Warwick Castle, England.
- Monmouth County Gaol, UK, designed by William Blackburn.