1827 Alabama gubernatorial election

The 1827 Alabama gubernatorial election was an uncontested election held on August 6, 1827, to elect the Governor of Alabama. Jacksonian candidate John Murphy ran unopposed and won 99.25% of the vote. Various write-in candidates made up the other 0.75%.

1827 Alabama gubernatorial election

← 1825 August 6, 1827 1829 →
  John murphy.jpg
Nominee John Murphy
Party Jacksonian
Popular vote 9,231
Percentage 99.25%

Governor before election

John Murphy
Jacksonian

Elected Governor

John Murphy
Jacksonian

General electionEdit

CandidatesEdit

ResultsEdit

1827 Alabama gubernatorial election[2]
Party Candidate Votes % ±%
Jacksonian John Murphy (incumbent) 9,231 99.25%
Independent Write-in candidates 70 0.75%
Majority 9,301 100%

ReferencesEdit

  1. ^ "Murphy, John". OurCampaigns. Retrieved June 12, 2020.
  2. ^ "AL Governor". OurCampaigns. Retrieved June 13, 2020.