Events in the year 1805 in Art.
- April 17 – English landscape artist Charles Gough sets out on a walk in the Lake District. On July 27 his skeleton is found on the slopes of Helvellyn.
- June – The British Institution (for Promoting the Fine Arts in the United Kingdom) is established in London by a group of connoisseurs.
- The British Museum purchases Charles Townley's collection of Roman sculpture.
- William Blake begins work on the illustrations for Blair's The Grave.
- William Blake – The Four and Twenty Elders Casting their Crowns before the Divine Throne (pencil and watercolour)
- Vincenzo Camuccini – The Death of Caesar
- John Sell Cotman – Greta Bridge
- Jacques-Louis David – Portrait of Pope Pius VII
- François Gérard
- James Gillray – The Plumb-pudding in danger, or, State Epicures taking un Petit Souper
- Francisco Goya (approximate dates)
- Thomas Douglas Guest – Bearing the Dead Body of Patroclus to the Camp, Achilles's Grief
- Orest Kiprensky – Prince Dmitri Donskoi after the Battle of Kulikovo
- Joseph Denis Odevaere – Portrait of François Wynckelman, François van der Donckt and Joseph Odevaere (Groeningemuseum)
- January 14 – Carlo Marochetti, sculptor (died 1867)
- January 27 – Samuel Palmer, landscape painter and etcher (died 1881)
- April 5 – Samuel Forde, painter (died 1828)
- April 20 – Franz Xaver Winterhalter, painter (died 1873)
- May 11 – Philipp Foltz, painter (died 1877)
- July 14 – John Frederick Lewis, painter (died 1876)
- July 26 – Constantino Brumidi, fresco painter (died 1880)
- September 6 – Horatio Greenough, sculptor (died 1852)
- September 10 – Guillaume Geefs, sculptor (died 1883)
- October 23 – Adalbert Stifter, Austrian writer, poet, painter, and pedagogue (died 1868)
- February 2 – Thomas Banks, English sculptor (born 1735)
- March 4 – Jean-Baptiste Greuze, French painter (born 1725)
- April 28 – Charles-Antoine Bridan, French sculptor (born 1730)
- May 2 – Vieira Portuense, Portuguese painter (born 1765)
- May 24 – Fedot Shubin, Russian sculptor (born 1740)
- June 7 – James Gabriel Huquier, French portrait painter and engraver (born 1725)
- June 19 – Louis-Jean-François Lagrenée, French painter (born 1724)
- July 10 – Thomas Wedgwood, English pioneer photographer (born 1771)
- December 6 – Nicolas-Jacques Conté, French painter and inventor of the pencil (born 1755)
- December 27 – Jean-Baptiste Claudot, French painter of landscapes, flowers and still-life (born 1733)
- date unknown
- Pyotr Drozhdin, Russian painter (born 1745)
- Thomas Hardy, English portrait painter (born 1757))
- Gustaf Lucander, Finnish painter (born 1724)
- Francesco Pozzi, Italian engraver (born 1750)
- Marie-Thérèse Reboul, French painter of natural history, still lifes, and flowers (born 1728)
- Deng Shiru, Chinese calligrapher during the Qing Dynasty (born 1739/1743)
- Martin Rowson, speaking on The Secret of Drawing, presented by Andrew Graham Dixon, BBC Television.
- "Baron (Pietro) Carlo Giovanni Battista Marochetti". gla.ac.uk.
- Henry T Tuckerman, A memorial of Horatio Greenough, New York: G. P, Putnam & Co., 1853.
- This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Bryan, Michael (1886). "Claudot, Jean Baptiste Charles". In Graves, Robert Edmund (ed.). Bryan's Dictionary of Painters and Engravers (A–K). Vol. I (3rd ed.). London: George Bell & Sons.