1710s in archaeology
(Redirected from 1712 in archaeology)
The decade of the 1710s in archaeology involved some significant events.
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more |
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
- Formal excavations continue at Pompeii.
- 1712: 17 May - Jean-Baptiste Greppo, French canon and archaeologist (d. 1767)
- 1713: James 'Athenian' Stuart, Scottish archaeologist (d. 1788)
- 1716: January 20 - Jean-Jacques Barthélemy, French archaeologist (d. 1795)
- 1717: December 9 - Johann Joachim Winckelmann, German art critic and archaeologist (d. 1768)
1700s in archaeology
| Archaeology timeline
1720s in archaeology
- Caruana, Antonio Annetto (1882). Report on the Phoenician and Roman antiquities in the group of the islands of Malta. Malta: Government Printing Office. p. 89.
- "Mercati, Michele 1541-1593". worldcat.org. Retrieved 8 June 2017.
- "James 'Athenian' Stuart, 1713-1788". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 8 June 2017.
- "Jean-Jacques Barthelemy - French archaeologist". Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "Johann Winckelmann - German art historian". Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved 10 June 2017.
- "LC Linked Data Service: Authorities and Vocabularies (Library of Congress)". id.loc.gov. Retrieved 17 May 2017.