Physiology and medicineEdit
- Alexis Littré, in his treatise Diverses observations anatomiques, is the first physician to suggest the possibility of performing a lumbar colostomy for an obstruction of the colon.
- Stephen Hales makes the first experimental measurement of the capacity of a mammalian heart.
- ^ "Edmond Halley (1656-1742)".
- ^ * O'Connor, John J.; Robertson, Edmund F., "1710 in science", MacTutor History of Mathematics archive, University of St Andrews
- ^ Forssmann, Werner. Nobel Lecture in Physiology or Medicine, 1956.
- ^ Arbuthnott, J. (1 January 1710). "An Argument for Divine Providence, Taken from the Constant Regularity Observ'd in the Births of Both Sexes. By Dr. John Arbuthnott, Physitian in Ordinary to Her Majesty, and Fellow of the College of Physitians and the Royal Society". Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. 27 (325–336): 186–190. doi:10.1098/rstl.1710.0011. Reprint.
- ^ "William Cullen | Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh". www.rcpe.ac.uk. 8 February 2017. Retrieved 3 December 2020.
- ^ "Ole Rømer - Danish astronomer". Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved 3 April 2018.