Events from the year 1598 in Ireland.
|See also:||Other events of 1598 |
List of years in Ireland
- early June – Nine Years' War: Lord Treasurer Thomas Butler backs the claim of the exiled Tadhg O'Rourke for the kingship of West Breifne, causing King Brian Óg O'Rourke to defect back to the rebels.
- June 7 – Nine Years' War: The temporary ceasefire agreed between the Irish rebel lordships and the English in October 1597 expires.
- August 14 – Nine Years' War: Hugh O'Neill, Earl of Tyrone's victory over an English expeditionary force under Henry Bagenal, at the Battle of the Yellow Ford.
- October – Nine Years' War: Edmund Spenser's castle at Kilcolman, near Doneraile in North Cork, is burned down by O'Neill's native Irish forces. Spenser leaves for London shortly afterwards.
- Moody, T. W.; Martin, F. X., eds. (1967). The Course of Irish History. Cork: Mercier Press. p. 371.