The year 1545 in science and technology involved some significant events.
- Orto botanico di Padova and di Firenze botanical gardens established.
- Gerolamo Cardano publishes his algebra text Ars Magna, including the first published solutions to cubic and quartic equations.
- Pedro de Medina's Arte de navegar is published in Valladolid, the first treatise on the art of navigation to be published in Europe.
Physiology and medicineEdit
- Charles Estienne publishes De dissectione partium corporis humani, libri tres, including a description of the venous valves of the liver.
- Ambroise Paré publishes his first book, a treatise on battlefield medicine, La méthode de traicter les playes faictes par hacquebutes et aultres bastons à feu et de celles qui sont faictes par flèches, dardz et semblables, in Paris.
- Thomas Phaer publishes The Boke of Chyldren, the first book on paediatrics written in English.
- The giant squid (Architeuthis) is first seen.
- January 11 – Guidobaldo del Monte, Italian mathematician (died 1607)
- March – Gaspare Tagliacozzi, Italian anatomist (died 1599)
- John Gerard, English botanist (died 1612)
- Christoph Rudolff, Silesian mathematician (born 1499)
- ^ "The Galileo Project". galileo.rice.edu. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- ^ "John Gerard - English herbalist and author". Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved 3 April 2018.