The year 1537 in science and technology included many events, some of which are listed here.
- Niccolò Fontana Tartaglia publishes La Nova Scientia in Venice, applying mathematics to the study of ballistics.
- Pedro Nunes publishes several treatises on navigation: Tratado em defensam da carta de marear, Tratado sobre certas dúvidas da navegação (including discussion of a rhumb line course) and Tratado da sphera com a Theorica do Sol e da Lua.
- The first known complete English language arithmetic book, An Introduction for to Lerne to Recken with the Pen and with the Counters after the True Cast of Arsmetyke or Awgrym, an anonymous translation of Luca Pacioli's Summa de arithmetica, geometria, proportioni et proportionalità (Venice, 1494), is published at St Albans.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2020)
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2012)
- ^ Grun, Bernard (1991). The Timetables of History (3rd ed.). New York: Simon & Schuster. p. 239. ISBN 0-671-74919-6.
- ^ "Notes on the History of Math Teaching and Math Books". Archived from the original on 2012-01-29. Retrieved 2012-01-26.
- ^ Richeson, A. W. (May 1947). "The First Arithmetic Printed in English". Isis. 37 (1/2): 47–56. doi:10.1086/347968. JSTOR 226161.