Škoda Octavia WRC
The Škoda Octavia WRC is a World Rally Car built for the Škoda Motorsport by Škoda Auto in the World Rally Championship. It is based upon the Škoda Octavia road car, and was debuted at the 1999 Monte Carlo Rally.
|Category||World Rally Car|
|Successor||Škoda Fabia WRC|
|Length||4,511 mm (177.6 in)|
|Width||1,770 mm (69.7 in)|
|Height||1,429 mm (56.3 in)|
|Axle track||1,585 mm (62.4 in)|
|Wheelbase||2,512 mm (98.9 in)|
|Engine||1,998 cc (121.9 cu in) I4 longitudinal turbo charge |
|Transmission||Six-speed sequential |
|Weight||1,230 kg (2,711.7 lb)|
|Competition history (WRC)|
|Notable entrants||Škoda Motorsport|
|Debut||1999 Monte Carlo Rally|
The car's initial version debuted at the 1999 Monte Carlo Rally, with two evolutionary versions were launched in 2001 and 2003 respectively. In its four years service in the Škoda works team, the car achieved two stage wins and a podium finish at the 2001 Safari Rally. The car was replaced by Škoda Fabia WRC in middle of the 2003 season.
- "Škoda Octavia WRC". juwra.com. Retrieved 20 January 2021.
- "Škoda Octavia WRC Evo 2". juwra.com. Retrieved 20 January 2021.
- "Škoda Octavia WRC Evo 3". juwra.com. Retrieved 20 January 2021.
- "Škoda Octavia WRC". ewrc-results.com. Retrieved 20 January 2021.
- Zagórny, M (18 February 2007). "Skoda Octavia WRC". rajdy.v10.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 20 January 2021.
- Official website (in Czech and English)