Áurea Carolina de Freitas e Silva (born 20 November 1983) is a Brazilian politician as well as a political scientists and sociologists. Although born in Pará, she has spent her political career representing Minas Gerais, having served as federal deputy representative since 2019.
Carolina in March 2019
|Federal Deputy for Minas Gerais|
|Assumed office |
1 February 2019
|Alderman for Belo Horizonte|
1 January 2017 – 9 November 2018
|Born||20 November 1983|
Tucuruí, Pará, Brazil
Carolina holds a degree in social sciences from the Federal University of Minas Gerais, a specialist degree in gender and equality from the Autonomous University of Barcelona, and a master's degree in political science from the Federal University of Minas Gerais.
In March 2019, Carolina was recognized as one of the 100 most influential black Brazilians in politics.
- "ÁUREA CAROLINA – Biografia". Câmara dos Deputados do Brasil (in Portuguese). Retrieved 27 June 2019.
- Trajano, Humberto (22 March 2019). "Deputada federal Áurea Carolina está entre os 100 jovens negros mais influentes do mundo na política" [Federal deputy Áurea Carolina is among the 100 most influential black young people in the world in politics] (in Portuguese). O Globo. Retrieved 27 June 2019.
- Augusto, Leonardo (3 October 2016). "Vereadora mais votada em Belo Horizonte é negra e jovem" (in Portuguese). Estado de São Paulo. Retrieved 27 June 2019.
- Malheiro, Franco; Moreira, Ana Paula (2 October 2016). "Áurea Carolina conquista primeira vaga do PSOL em BH" (in Portuguese). O Tempo. Retrieved 27 June 2019.
- Cherem, Carlos Eduardo (10 October 2016). "Vamos aquilombar as instituições, diz 5ª deputada federal mais votada em MG" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 27 June 2019.
|This article about a Brazilian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|