This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014)
|Created by||Paco Arango|
|Directed by||José Pavón|
Rafael de la Cueva
Miriam Díaz Aroca
Lidia San José
|Country of origin||Spain|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||63|
|Running time||36 min. (approx.)|
|Production company||Televisión Española|
|Original release||January 4, 2000 –|
December 25, 2002
The series follows the story of Dina, a genie who after 400 years locked in a magic lamp, is released by the family of Tomás and she is hired as a housekeeper.
The story begins when the young son of the widower Tomás, Álvaro, finds a magic lamp. After rubbing it, the lamp releases the genie. The genie calling herself as Dina, has been over 500 years locked up there, waiting for someone to be released. Dina is then integrated into the family of Tomás, getting a job as a housekeeper in the home, cleaning, cooking and caring for Álvaro and Eva, the two children of Tomás.
When Tomás discovers the powers of Dina, he prohibits its use. Nevertheless, Dina uses her supernatural abilities at every opportunity.
Technical and artistic dataEdit
The series is based on an original idea of Paco Arango. It was directed by José Pavón and Rafael de la Cueva, and produced by Cartel for Televisión Española.
It was premiered on 4 January 2000, and it was the most watched television program in Spain on its opening day, with 4,9 million viewers and a 27.8% of audience share.
The series stopped airing on December 25 of 2002.
Paz Padilla was nominated for Best Actress at ATV Awards 2000.
Main cast and charactersEdit
- Dina (Paz Padilla/Miriam Díaz Aroca)
- Tomás (Gary Piquer)
- Eva (Lidia San José)
- Álvaro (José Gonzálvez)
- Lucrecia (Mary Carmen Ramírez)
- José María "Chemita" (Darío Paso)
- Paloma Velázquez (Verónica Mengod)
- Sazhim (Santiago Urrialde)
- Rogelio (Alfonso Vallejo)
- Rashid (Eduardo MacGregor)
- Sandra (Sandra Gómez)
- Bolita (Alejandro Rello)
- Rosi (Nathalie Seseña)
- Chiquito de la Alcazaba (Chiquito de la Calzada)
- Gina (Ana García Obregón)
- Teresa (Asunción Balaguer)
- Mayra Gómez Kemp
- David Civera
- Doña Francisca (Paloma Cela)
- Kruger (Michael Reckling)
- Gino (Alessandro Lecquio)
- Lorenzo Milá
- Pizza delivery guy (Miguel Ángel Muñoz)
- Carlos Baute
- Zoltán (Mariano Alameda)
- Mustapha (Rappel)
- Soraya (Elisenda Rivas)
- Juan Camus
- Empress Igartíbula (Anne Igartiburu)
- Gallo, Isabel (15 December 1999). El País (ed.). "La cómica Paz Padilla debutará como actriz en la serie de TVE-1 'Ala...Dina'". Madrid: Grupo PRISA. Retrieved 23 October 2013.