Zoe Smith (born 26 April 1994 in Greenwich, London) is an English weightlifter. She holds (as at August 2016) four British clean and jerk records spread across three weight classes. In October 2010 Smith won a bronze medal in the women's 58kg division at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi, India, her first senior international competition, to become the first Englishwoman to win a Commonwealth Games weightlifting medal.
Zoe Smith at the London Youth Games
|Birth name||Zoë Smith|
|Born||26 April 1994|
|Residence||Abbey Wood, London|
|Height||1.59 m (5 ft 2 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||58 kg (128 lb)|
|Coached by||Andrew Callard|
|Updated on 26 July 2014.|
London 2012 Olympic GamesEdit
In May 2012 Smith was chosen, as part of Team GB, to represent Great Britain at the 2012 Olympics in London. She competed in the Women's 58kg division and she took the British record with a clean and jerk lift of 121.0 kg (266.8 lb). The record previously stood at 119.0 kg (262.4 lb). With a snatch of 90.0 kg (198.4 lb) she was placed 12th in her weight-class with a total of 211.0 kg (465.2 lb).
- 2014 Commonwealth games Gold medal and Games records in the Clean and Jerk and Total.
- 2014 British Senior Championships: Champion.
- 2014 European Weightlifting Championships:Clean & Jerk Bronze, Total Bronze.
- 2012 British clean and jerk record (London 2012 Olympics).
- 2012 European Weightlifting Championships: 4th.
- 2010 Commonwealth Games: Bronze in Total.
- 2010 English Senior Championships: Champion.
- 2010 European Youth Championships: Snatch Bronze; Clean & Jerk Silver; Total Silver.
- 2009 British Junior Championships: Champion.
- 2009 British U17 Championships: Champion.
- 2009 World Youth Championships: 8th.
- 2009 European Junior Championships: 6th.
- 2008 European Youth Championships: Clean & Jerk Silver.
- 2008 Commonwealth Youth Games: Gold.
- 2008 BOA Athlete of the Year – Weightlifting.
- THE ENGLAND TEAM | Sporting Life | Commonwealth Games, Delhi 2010, Medal Table Archived 25 October 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- "British Women's Senior Records" (PDF). Britishweightlifting.org. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- Ben Dirs. "Olympics weightlifting: Zoe Smith hits back at Twitter critics". BBC Sport. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- Shah, Sonali (6 October 2010). "Commonwealth Games 2010: What makes Zoe Smith special?". The Daily Telegraph.
- Hart, Simon (6 October 2010). "Commonwealth Games 2010: Zoe Smith makes British weightlifting history". The Daily Telegraph. London.
- "Starting Blocks athlete Zoe Smith selected to Team GB". Greenwichstartingblocks.org. Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- "Olympic weightlfting: Back to school for Olympian Zoe Smith". BBC News. 30 July 2012. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "Team 2012 – Zoe Smith". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- Zoe Smith at Team GB
- Zoe Smith at the International Olympic Committee
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Zoe Smith". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC.
- BBC Olympics Profile
- London Olympics Profile
- IWRP – profile
|This biographical article relating to weightlifting in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|