Zimbabwe First Party
Zimbabwe First Party (ZimFirst) is a political party in Zimbabwe which was founded on 10 April 2015. The party was founded by its current President Maxwell Zeb Shumba, who once served as the Chief Political Strategist for the other opposition political party's leader Morgan Tsvangirai. According to the official statement posted on the party's website, ZimFirst 's main objective is to form the next government through the electoral process, National elections in Zimbabwe are slated for 2018  and the party states that it will contest the presidential and parliamentary election. According to the party's manifesto primary focus of its government would be to re build the economy from an alleged US$4 billion to a "near US$1,5 trillion robust economy". At the time, Morgan Tsvangirai's spokesperson said he was unmoved by Shumba’s departure to form a new party. The Party slogan is Nyika Vanhu, Vanhu Ndiyo Nyika (Shona language version), Abantu Ilizwe, Yilizwe Ngabantu (Ndebele language version). Its ideology is enshrined in the three key principles of Honesty, Accountability, and Unity.
Zimbabwe First Party
|President||Maxwell Zeb Shumba|
|Founded||10 April 2015|
- "All set for ZimFirst party launch". NewsDay Zimbabwe. Retrieved 2016-02-17.
- "New Zimbabwe Party Promises to Democratize Southern African Nation". VOA. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- "Tsvangirai hires new strategists". The Standard. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- "Zimbabwe has to start thinking about what the country should be like after its elderly president-for-life leaves power". Business Insider. Retrieved 2016-02-17.
- Daily, The Zimbabwe. "ZimFirst party: Party outlines what it stands for". The Zimbabwe Daily. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- "ZimFirst Party". ZimFirst Party. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- "Mugabe confirmed as Zanu-PF candidate for 2018 election - BBC News". BBC News. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- "What Can Opposition Parties Do in 100 Days if Elected in Zimbabwe?". VOA. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- "Tsvangirai adviser forms own party". Newsday. Retrieved 2017-08-15.