Zhang Zilin (simplified Chinese: 张梓琳; traditional Chinese: 張梓琳; pinyin: Zhāng Zǐlín) is a Chinese actress, singer, fashion model and beauty queen who won Miss China World in 2007 and later was crowned as Miss World 2007.
March 22, 1984
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Title||Miss China 2007|
Miss World 2007
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Miss China World 2007 |
Miss World 2007
(Miss World Asia & Oceania)
(Miss World Top Model)
Zhang was born in Weihai, Shandong, on March 22, 1984. She then moved to Haidian District, Beijing, where she attended high school from 1996 to 2002. She later completed her studies at the University of Science and Technology Beijing and obtained a degree in business administration in 2006. Zhang is now working as a fashion model.
Having grown up in an academically oriented family, Zhang has always valued her education and has had many achievements in her studies. Both a scholar and an athlete, Zhang Zilin began training in various types of sports at the age of eight. She excels in the Triple Jump and Hurdles and has undergone professional training in the 100 meter Hurdles, having won in the 10th Beijing City Youth Games in 1999.
In 2002, Zhang finished high school and commenced her studies at the University of Science and Technology Beijing where she graduated in 2006. As an undergraduate, she competed in and won many athletic competitions. In 2005, she won the "Sports Advance Distinction Award" at her university.
Zhang's career in modeling and pageantry started in 2003 where she participated in a beauty pageant organized by New Silk Road Modeling Agency. As a first timer in pageantry, Zhang only managed to land herself in the top 10 due to lack of experience. However, she was later discovered by the executive manager of the agency, Lee Xiaobai. Since then Zhang has graced the runways in major fashion capitals of the world including Paris and Berlin.
In 2006, she was shortlisted as one of the top ten professional supermodels during the Chinese Fashion and Culture Awards. After that she participated in Giorgio Armani's 2007 Autumn/Winter Collection show in Paris and later earned herself the title of "Top Model of the Year" from New Silk Road modeling agency.
On December 1, 2007, she was crowned Miss World 2007 at the Crown of Beauty Theatre in Sanya, Hainan. During her reign, she traveled to over 80 cities in 20 countries. Some of these countries are the United Kingdom, the United States, Russia, Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago, Vietnam, and South Africa.
- "身边名人－青年人－20071208W6－世界小姐：张梓琳 - 立力富的日志 - 网易博客". D438868348.blog.163.com. 2007-12-08. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
-  Archived October 18, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- "Celebrity news, interviews, video and more - MSN Entertainment". Entertainment.malaysia.msn.com. 2015-06-27. Archived from the original on 2013-12-17. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- "China's Business Newspaper". The Standard. 2013-10-02. Archived from the original on 2014-10-06. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- "Miss World Zhang Zilin holds wedding ceremony in Phuket Island - Xinhua | English.news.cn". News.xinhuanet.com. 2013-08-13. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zhang Zilin.|