4 June 1936 (age 82)
|Alma mater||École polytechnique |
École nationale de l'aviation civile
|Occupation||Former head of Eurocontrol|
|Known for||Director General of the Eurocontrol|
A graduate of the École Polytechnique (1956) and the École nationale de l'aviation civile (French civil aviation University, promotion 1959), Lambert started his career as head of the technical department of the civil aviation in Algeria (1961). After that, he became director of the air safety organization Organisation de gestion et de sécurité in Algeria (1965–1968).
In 1972, he was nominated to be the French representative at the International Civil Aviation Organization. He became Secretary General of ICAO in 1976, a position he held until 1988. He returned to France to be air navigation director of Direction de la navigation aérienne now called Direction des Services de la navigation aérienne until 1993.
In 1994, he was nominated Director General of Eurocontrol, a position he held until his retirement in 2000.
- YVES LAMBERT TAKES OVER AS EUROCONTROL'S SECRETARY-GENERAL
- (in French)Annuaire des diplômés Archived June 26, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Yves Lambert, Director General (1994-2000) Archived August 25, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- (in French)Monsieur Yves LAMBERT
- Biography of Yves Lambert
- (in French)Présidence de la République Ordre national du Mérite
- (in French)Yves Lambert reçoit les insignes de Commandeur dans l'ONM