Yukiko Miyake (三宅 雪子, Miyake Yukiko ) (March 5, 1965 – January 2, 2020) was a Japanese politician. She served one term in the Japanese House of Representatives.
|Member of the House of Representatives|
|Constituency||Gunma PR District|
|Born||March 5, 1965|
Washington, D.C., U.S.
|Died||January 2, 2020 (aged 54)|
|Education||Kyoritsu Women's University|
Miyake's father, Wasuke Miyake, was a diplomat to the United States, so she was born in Washington D.C. Her maternal grandfather is Hirohide Ishida. She held Japanese citizenship. She attended Toho Joshi middle and high school, Tamagawa Gakuen Junior College for Women, and Kyoritsu Women's University.
In 1988, Miyake began working for Fuji Television. She worked in sales, newsroom, and corporate social responsibility departments. When she worked in the newsroom, she reported on the economy, especially exchange rates and the stock exchange.
On July 27, 2009, Ichiro Ozawa asked Miyake to run for office. She left her job at Fuji TV to do so. She ran for office during the 2009 Japanese general election against Yasuo Fukuda, the former Prime Minister of Japan, to represent Gunma's 4th district in the House of Representatives. Her grandfather's secretary, Masaki Nakajima, was also a candidate, but Miyake became the Democratic Party's official candidate. During the previous election in 2005, the Democrat's candidate lost to Fukuda by about 62,000 votes. Japanese media called Miyake and other women who Ozawa urged to run for office "Ozawa girls". Their goal was to replace established politicians with fresh blood in order to create a more inclusive political environment. While she lost the election for the district seat, she was elected to the proportional representation block.
On January 22, 2012, Miyake announced on Twitter that she would be the vice chair of a committee to reduce the cost of electricity.
In the same year, Miyake opposed a bill to raise the consumption tax, and resigned from her position as the Democratic Party's vice chair of public relations on April 23. On June 26, she voted against the consumption tax, contrary to her party's strategy. On July 2, Miyake tendered her resignation from the party alongside Kenji Yamaoka and other party members. However, the Democratic Party's Board of Governors didn't accept the resignation letters during their meeting on July 3, but officially accepted them during their meeting on July 9.
After some trouble with other members of her party, Miyake left the Liberal Party in April 2015.
On January 2, 2020, Tokyo Wangan Police Station found a body near Tokyo Bay, which was presumed to have committed suicide in the water. TWPS confirmed and made an announcement on January 6 that the dead person was Miyake.
- 群馬県ホームページ 平成21年8月30日執行衆議院小選挙区選出議員選挙開票結果
- 民主、群馬4区にフジテレビ女性社員 福田前首相の地元 asahi.com 2009年7月27日
- “小沢采配”功奏す 八ッ場ダム中止派が当選 週刊金曜日 2009年9月4日
- 開票速報（比例代表） NNN総選挙特番 ZERO×選挙2009 2009年8月31日
- Dickie, Mure (October 7, 2009). "Vibrant 'Ozawa Girls' to refresh Diet". Financial Times. Retrieved December 25, 2018.
- 1月21日 Keitai Webから
- "副大臣・政務官計4人辞表 民主幹部2人や政調10人も". 朝日新聞. March 30, 2012. Archived from the original on March 30, 2012.
- "消費増税：小沢系、集団で辞表提出". 毎日新聞. March 30, 2012. Archived from the original on March 31, 2012.
- "＜民主党＞「小沢系」の辞表受理". 毎日新聞. April 23, 2012. Archived from the original on April 26, 2012.
- "反対・棄権・欠席した民主党衆院議員の顔ぶれ". 読売新聞. June 26, 2012. Archived from the original on June 29, 2012.
- "＜消費増税法案＞民主57人反対 事実上の分裂状態に". 毎日新聞. June 26, 2012. Archived from the original on June 29, 2012.
- "【民主分裂】谷亮子氏、姫井由美子氏、青木愛氏…山岡賢次民主副代表提出の離党届議員 一部は離党否定". 産経新聞. July 2, 2012. Archived from the original on July 2, 2012.
- "＜民主分裂＞小沢元代表ら50人離党届 階、辻氏は離党せず". 毎日新聞. July 2, 2012. Archived from the original on July 4, 2012.
- "離党届を提出した衆参議員一覧…小沢ガールズも". 読売新聞. July 2, 2012. Archived from the original on July 5, 2012.
- "【民主分裂】一体改革関連法案をめぐる民主党の処分・措置等一覧（敬称略）". 産経新聞. July 3, 2012. Archived from the original on July 4, 2012.
- "【民主分裂】離党届提出の衆院37人を除名 鳩山元首相は党員資格停止6カ月". 産経新聞. July 3, 2012. Archived from the original on July 3, 2012.
- "民主党:小沢元代表ら衆院37人除名、鳩山氏党員資格停止". 毎日新聞. July 3, 2012. Archived from the original on July 5, 2012.
- "小沢氏ら37人除名処分へ 鳩山氏は党員資格停止6カ月". 朝日新聞. July 4, 2012. Archived from the original on April 24, 2013.
- "鳩山元首相、党員資格停止3カ月に短縮 小沢元代表ら37人除籍処分は原案通り 民主党臨時常任幹事会". 産経新聞. July 9, 2012. Archived from the original on July 9, 2012.
- "民主:鳩山元首相の処分半減 増税法案反対で". 毎日新聞. July 9, 2012. Archived from the original on August 7, 2012.
- 新党の参加議員 Archived 2012-12-04 at Archive.today - 時事ドットコム 2012年7月11日
- このたび「生活の党と山本太郎となかまたち」を離れることになりました。 三宅雪子twitter 、2015年04月08日
- "三宅雪子元議員、入水自殺か…都内の海岸で遺体発見". Yomiuri Shimbun. January 6, 2020. Retrieved January 6, 2020.