Yokota High School
|Yokota High School|
|School district||Dodea Pacific|
|Principal||Ms. Priscilla Hill|
|Student to teacher ratio||18:1|
|Colour(s)||Blue and Gold|
Yokota High School started construction in the 1970s after a deal was stuck with the Government of Japan to modernize Yokota Air Base in exchange for Air Force property in Greater Tokyo. Yokota High School officially opened in 1973. The school was designed as a "school with open doors" and students had a modular schedule containing 27 mods that they could choose from. The modular schedule continued under the next 2 principals.
Starting in 2015 a new school was planned and the breaking ground ceremony took place on May 19, 2015; officially starting the construction period for the new school. The new school was built and completed in August 2017. Most of the old building will be torn down to make way for a soccer field and open land that will be given back to the Air Force. The new building is a 21st-century school and is the second 21st-century school in DoDEA. Each classroom has movable glass walls that were built to reflect the new method of learning which values collaboration.
Yokota High School offers a great amount of extracurricular activities for Academics or Sports for students to participate in. Most also have Far East Programs.
- Air Force JROTC
- Art Club
- Comic Book Club
- Model United Nations
- National Honor Society
- FE Creative Expression
- FE Film & Entertainment
- FE Journalism
- FE LinguaFest
- FE Music
- FE STEM
- Student Government Association
- Spanish Club
- "Yokota History Article Part 6: The Kanto Plain Consolidation Plan, 197". Yokota Air Base. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "About Our School". www.dodea.edu. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "Yokota joins list of DOD schools with artificial turf field". Stars and Stripes. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "Breaking ground for new Yokota High School". Yokota Air Base. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "DODEA celebrates its latest '21st Century' school at Yokota Air Base". Stars and Stripes. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "Extracurricular Activities - Yokota High School". sites.google.com. Retrieved 2018-06-14.