This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Rabbi Zidni Ilma|
Motto in English
|O Lord! Increase me in knowledge|
|Chairman||Yenepoya Mohammed Kunhi|
|Chancellor||Yenepoya Abdulla Kunhi|
Centre for EthicsEdit
Yenepoya University has a Centre for Ethics that conducts structured academic programs in bioethics such as Postgraduate Diploma in Bioethics & Medical Ethics (PGDBEME), Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Ethics (PGDCE), choice-based course in Environmental Ethics and Intensive Summer Workshop in Ethics and Research (I-SWEAR) for training of ethics committee members and researchers.
The centre hosts the Yenepoya University Ethics Committee that is recognised by the DCGI. The centre mentors many institutions for training ethics committee members.
Yenepoya Medical CollegeEdit
Yenepoya Medical College is on the outskirts of Mangalore city in the Panchayath of Derlakatte. The college was established in 1999. Post-graduate courses were commenced in 2005. The M.B.B.S. (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) course is of 4.5 years plus 1 one year mandatory internship as per set standards of the MCI for India. The courses are mainly oriented for earning a degree.
Courses offered for MS/MD (PG medical courses):
Yenepoya Dental CollegeEdit
This section does not cite any sources. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The B.D.S. (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) course runs for four years, followed by a one-year internship. The examination and award of degree are regulated as per standards of Indian Dental Council.
The pre-clinical departments are housed in the academic block with state-of-the-art dental clinics covering all dental specialties with more than 300 dental chairs attached to the college. The Yenepoya Dental College is headed by B H Sripathi Rao.
MDS (Master of Dental Surgery) courses are normal three years. The examinations and awarding of degrees are regulated by Yenepoya University.
The university has a separate museum for anatomy. Part of all departments, Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, and Forensic Medicine are housed in the respective departments, with collection of wet and dry specimens, embryology models and exhibits.
Lecture halls and demonstration roomsEdit
- Seven lecture halls with seating capacity of above 100 each
- Audio-visual teaching facilities with LCD projection systems
- Conference halls with a seating capacity of 400
- Examination hall with a capacity to accommodate 500 students
- Demonstration and service rooms (shared by dental, nursing) in every department
Environment management systemEdit
- A rainwater harvesting system has been developed with a capacity of about 10 million litres as a secondary source of water for the campus.
- A sewage treatment plant is installed for recycling of sewage.
- Incinerators are provided for the easy disposal of waste thus maintaining a tidy and hygienic campus.
- World Planting Day was held at campus.
- Multi-culture plantation is provided to make the campus green.
- A solar water heating system is provided for the students.
|University and College rankings|
|General – India|
|NIRF (Overall) (2018)||101–150|
|NIRF (Universities) (2018)||92|
- "List of deemed universities". University Grants Commission. Retrieved 22 November 2010.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Overall)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Universities)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.