Yefry Ramírez Alcala (born November 28, 1993) is a Dominican professional baseball pitcher for the Pittsburgh Pirates of Major League Baseball (MLB). He made his MLB debut in June 2018. Listed at 6 feet 2 inches (1.88 m) and 215 pounds (98 kg), Ramírez both throws and bats right-handed.
|Pittsburgh Pirates – No. 70|
|Born: November 28, 1993|
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
|June 13, 2018, for the Baltimore Orioles|
|MLB statistics |
(through August 4, 2019)
|Earned run average||6.13|
Minor league careerEdit
Ramírez signed with the Arizona Diamondbacks as an international free agent in 2011 as an infielder. The Diamondbacks transitioned him into a pitcher. He was selected by the New York Yankees in the minor league portion of the Rule 5 Draft in 2015. The Yankees added him to their 40-man roster after the 2016 season. He began the 2017 season with the Trenton Thunder of the Double-A Eastern League. On July 31, 2017, the Yankees traded Ramírez to the Orioles, who assigned him to the Bowie Baysox of the Eastern League.
Ramírez started the 2018 season with the Triple-A Norfolk Tides. The Orioles briefly promoted him to the major leagues in April, but he did not appear in a game. He was recalled to the Orioles on June 13, and made his major league debut that day, taking the loss against the Boston Red Sox. He finished appearing in 17 games, 12 starts, posting a record of 1-8 in 65 1⁄3 innings. He was designated for assignment on May 22, 2019, after the team acquired outfielder Keon Broxton from the New York Mets. Before being designated for assignment, Ramirez appeared in four games in the 2019 season with one start, posting a 6.97 ERA, an 0-2 record, and 11 strikeouts against nine walks.
- Melewski, Steve (February 19, 2018). "Yefry Ramírez made nice first impression with his new team". MASN.
- Jennings, Chad (December 10, 2015). "How Yankees' minor league system was impacted by Rule 5 draft". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved March 29, 2017.
- Hoch, Bryan (November 18, 2016). "Yankees add six prospects to 40-man roster". MLB.com. Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "Yankees recall Jonathan Holder, trade Yefry Ramirez to Orioles". SNY. July 31, 2017.
- "Orioles Roster & Staff – Transactions". MLB.com. April 2018. Retrieved June 13, 2018.
- "Orioles Roster & Staff – Transactions". MLB.com. June 2018. Retrieved June 13, 2018.
- "Red Sox vs. Orioles - Box Score". ESPN. June 13, 2018. Retrieved June 13, 2018.