Yeda Rorato Crusius (born July 26, 1944) is an economist and former governor of the Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul until December 31, 2011. She was the first female governor of the state. She wrote her autobiography.
Yeda Rorato Crusius
|Federal Deputy for Rio Grande do Sul|
|Assumed office |
5 January 2017
1 February 1995 – 22 December 2006
|36th Governor of Rio Grande do Sul|
1 January 2007 – 1 January 2011
|Vice Governor||Paulo Feijó|
|Preceded by||Germano Rigotto|
|Succeeded by||Tarso Genro|
|Minister of Planning, Budget and Coordination of the Presidency|
26 January 1993 – 10 May 1993
|Preceded by||Paulo Roberto Haddad|
|Succeeded by||Alexis Stepanenko|
|Born||26 July 1944|
São Paulo, Brazil
|Spouse(s)||Carlos Augusto Crusius|
Background and political associationsEdit
She graduated in Economics from the University of São Paulo and Vanderbilt University. She has been living in Porto Alegre since 1970, when she married Carlos Augusto Crusius. In 1990, she joined PSDB.
Crusius was accused of environmental crimes during her tenure as Rio Grande do Sul governor but was acquitted by Gilmar Mendes. She was also prosecuted for alleged corruption and money laundering activities in 2006 and 2010 involving the Odebrecht Group. This Brazilian conglomerate was accused of making payments for Crusius' congressional campaign. The In 2019, the 3rd Federal Court of Santa Maria, Rio Grande do Sul, convicted her for administrative misconduct over a fraud scheme that involved Rio Grande do Sul State Traffic Department (Detran-RS), the Technology and Science Support Foundation (Fatec), and the Educational and Cultural Foundation for Development.
- "Curriculum Vitae" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 26 December 2010.
- Wilson Center website article
- Yeda Crusius (17 August 2017). Coragem e Determinação: Um Infinito Ainda Por Fazer. AGE. ISBN 978-85-8343-074-2. OCLC 953836599.
- Bragança, Daniele (2017-06-02). "STF absolve Yeda Crusius por crime ambiental". ((o))eco (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2019-08-15.
- "Lista de todos os citados nos inquéritos abertos e nas petições encaminhadas por Fachin". G1 (in Portuguese). April 12, 2017. Retrieved 2019-08-15.
- "Braskem é citada em cinco dos inquéritos abertos por Fachin". Valor Econômico (in Portuguese). 2017-04-11. Retrieved 2019-08-15.
- "Ex-governadora do RS Yeda Crusius é condenada por fraude investigada na Operação Rodin". G1 (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2019-08-15.
|This article about a Brazilian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a Brazilian economist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|