This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Native name||यतीन्द्र मिश्र|
April 12, 1977 |
Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Notable works||Yada-Kada (poetry)
Vismaya Ka Bhakhan (history of arts)
Sur Ki Baradari
|Notable awards||Sangeet Natak Akademi Award (2008)|
Notable work collectionsEdit
He has four collections of Hindi poetry to his credit- Yada-Kada (1997), Ayodhya Tatha Anya Kavitayen (1999), Dyorhi Par Aalaap (2005) and Vibhas (2013). He has also written Girija (2001), Devpriya (2007) and Sur Ki Baradari (2009) about the life and work of thumri singer Girija Devi, dancer Sonal Mansingh and shehnai maestro Ustad Bismillah Khan. An essay compilation on music and arts Vismaya Ka Bhakhan (2012).
Yatindra has edited selections from the poetry of Ajneya-Jitna Tumhara Sach Hai (2011), prose of Ashok Vajpeyee Kis Bhugol Mein Kis Sapne Mein (2011) and Poetry Hum Apna Vasant Pahchante Hain (2014), Poetry of Gulzar Yaar Julaahe (2009). He has also presented a selection of Gulzar's film lyrics, Meelon Se Din (2010). He has also written a book about hundred years of Hindi Cinema which deals about the authentic analysis of cinema's musical journey titled Humsafar (2013).
Recently he has published an in-depth analysis of the musical journey of the great playback singer Lata Mangeshkar based on a series of interview spanning over a period of seven years titled Lata : Sur-Gatha (2016). He has also edited veteran Hindi literature Kunwar Narayan's works- Kunwar Narain : Samsaar & Upasthiti (2002), Kai Samayon Mein (2012) as well as on Dishaon Ka Khula Aakash (2012). His publication Bhairavi (2012) is a recreation of Kannada saiva poet Akka Mahadevi’s vacanas in Hindi.
He has edited arts and culture magazines like 'Sahit' and ‘Thatee’. He is also an editor of Music Journal 'Swar Mudra', a magazine of Raza Foundation, New Delhi. He has compiled a special supplement about the music of Lata Mangeshkar for Tehelka Magazine in September, 2011 in connection with her 83rd birthday.
Yatindra has traveled to the U.S., Britain, Mauritius and Abu Dhabi to participate in various cultural symposium. Article based on the life and music of the late shehnai maestro Ustad Bismillah Khan is included in the textbook for Std.X by NCERT, Delhi the apex body for institutional education in India (since 2007) and also included in curriculum of 10th standard of Bihar Board of Education (since 2010).
Published works (in chronological order)Edit
Poetry Yada-Kada, 1997 (Kitabghar Prakashan, New Delhi) Ayodhya Tatha Anya Kavitayein, 1999 (Kitabghar Prakashan, New Delhi) Second edition 2006 (Vani Prakashan, New Delhi) Dyorhi Par Aalaap, 2005 (Rajkamal Prakashan, New Delhi) Vibhas, 2013 (Vani Prakashan, New Delhi) The Last Weave, 2014 (English Translation of Vibhas by : Nirupama Dutt) (Vani Prakashan, New Delhi) Critique Girija, 2001 (the music of thumri Singer Girija Devi) (Vani Prakashan, New Delhi) Girija : A Journey Through Thumri, 2005 (English Tr : Madhu B. Joshi, Rupa & Company, New Delhi) Devpriya, 2007 (the dance and mind of danseuse Sonal Mansingh) (Vani Prakashan, New Delhi) Sur Ki Baradari, 2009 (The life & times of Shehnai maestro Ustad Bismillah Khan) (Yatra Books, an imprint of Penguin India) Vismaya Ka Bakhan, 2012 (Notes and essays on the music and the Arts) (Vani Prakashan, New Delhi) HumSafar : Hindi Cinema Aur Sangeet, 2013 (Analysis of the Musical journey of Hindi Cinema in a Century) (Penguin Books India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi) Lata : Sur-Gatha, 2016 (Musical Journey of Lata Mangeshkar) (Vani Prakashan, New Delhi) Translation Bhairavi : Akka Mahadevi Ki Kavitayein, 2012 (Translation of the Vachana's of lingayat shaiva Kannada poetess Akka Mahadevi ) (Vani Prakashan, New Delhi) Editor/Compiler Kunwar Narain : Samsaar & Upasthiti (Vol. 1&2) 2002 (The writings and thought of veteran Hindi poet Kunwar Narain) (Vani Prakashan, New Delhi) Yaar Julaahe : Gulzar, 2009 (A compilation of representative poems of poet, lyricist Gulzar) (Vani Prakashan, New Delhi) Yaar Julaahe : Gulzar, 2009 (Urdu Tr. Sheen Kaaf Nizam, Vani Prakashan, New Delhi) Meelon Se Din : Gulzar, 2010 (A compilation of representative Songs of lyricist Gulzar) (Rupa & Company, New Delhi) Meelon Se Din : Gulzar, 2014 (Urdu Tr. Farzana Rizvi, Jasim Publication, Lahore, Pakistan) Kis Bhugol Mein Kis Sapne Mein : Ashok Vajpayee, 2011 (A compilation of representative prose of poet Ashok Vajpayee) (Vani Prakashan, New Delhi) Jitna Tumhara Sach Hai : Ajneya, 2011 (A compilation of representative 100 poems of legendary poet Ajneya at his Birth-Centenary ) (Vani Prakashan, New Delhi) Dishaon Ka Khula Aakash : Kunwar Narain, 2012 (A compilation of Notes and Diary of eminent Hindi poet Kunwar Narain) (Vani Prakashan, New Delhi) Hum Apna Vasant Pehchante Hain : Ashok Vajpayee, 2014 (A compilation of representative poems of Ashok Vajpayee) (Sahitya Bhandar, Allahabad) Magazine Sahit : Sahitya tatha anya kalaaein (bi-annual) since 1999 Thaati : SPIC-MACAY(Annual) (focussed on the cultural heritage of U.P. and Uttaranchal), 2001-2002 Sakshi : Ayodhya Ki Sangeet Parampara, 2012 (Ayodhya Shodh Sansthan, Department of Culture, Uttar Pradesh) Swar Mudra : Magazine based on Indian Classical Music & Dance, Raza Foundation, New Delhi (Executive Editor : Ashok Vajpayee, Editor : Yatindra Mishra & Prerana Shrimali) Co-Editor Dwijdeo Granthavali, 2000 (Writings of the last ritikalin brijbhasha poet Dwijdeo) Ed. Vidyaniwas Mishra (Prabhat Prakashan, New Delhi) Kai Samayon Mein : Kunwar Narain, 2012 (A compilation of representative works of eminent Hindi poet Kunwar Narain) (Co-edited with poet Dinesh Kumar Shukla) (Bharatiya Jnanpith, New Delhi)
Ayodhya series poems, translated into German by Prof. Hans Harder, published in Berlin, 2002. The Music Cult of Awadh, Translated into English By the Author, Published in Think India Quarterly, January–March, 2003. A Blessed Life : Bismillah Khan in dialogue, Translated into English by Ira Pande, Published in IIC Quarterly, 2006. The Bai and the Dawn of Hindi Film Music (1925–1945), Translated into English By Anamika & Madhu B. Joshi, Published in The Book Review, February, 2009 and Beyond Borders : The SAARC Journal, 2012. . Hundred Years of Cinema : Interface of Literature and Hindi Cinema, Translated into English By Madhu B. Joshi, Published in Think India Quarterly, April–June. 2012. Some Notes on Girija Devi : The Reigning Queen of Thumri, Translated into English By Madhu B. Joshi, Published in Otherwise Magazine. Poems, Translated into English by Madhu B. Joshi, Published in IIC Quarterly, The Little Magazine and Indian Literature.
Essays on literature and the arts, poems, reviews, critiques of classical music and cinema published in leading Hindi magazines and journals. Essays and articles on Indian literature, arts. and culture published in important anthologies : Paav Bhar Zeerey Mein Brahmbhoj (ed. Ashok Vajpayee); Kalpana: Kaashi Ank (ed. Prayag Shukla); Sansaar Mein Nirmal Verma (ed. Gagan Gill); Kalaayein Aas-paas (ed. Vinod Bharadwaj); Amritputra : Vidyaniwas Mishra (ed. Kumud Sharma), Tat Par Hoon Par Tatasth Nahin : Kunwar Narain (ed. Vinod Bharadwaj), Akath (Ed. Manish Pushkale), Collage : Ashok Vajpayee (Ed. Purushottam Agarwal), Understanding Raza (Ed. Ashok Vajpayee), Jagah : Ashok Vajpayee (Ed. Piyush Daiya). Poems included in some prestigious anthologies of Indian poetry : Dus Baras (Ed. Asad Zaidi/ Pub: SAHMAT); Kavita Nadi (Ed. Prayag Shukla/Pub: Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtreeya Hindi Vishvavidyalaya); Prem Ke Roopak, Aadhunik Hindi Prem Kavitaayein (Ed. Madan Soni, Ashok Vajpayee/ Pub : Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtreeya Hindi Vishvavidyalaya) Urvar Pradesh (Ed. Anvita Abbi/Pub : Bharat Bhushan Agrawal Smriti Trust), Aadhunik Bhartiya Kavita Sanchayan 1950-2010 (Ed. Vishvanath Prasad Tiwari, Co. Ed. Rewati Raman/Pub : Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi), India In Verse (Ed. Antara Dev Sen/Pub : The Little Magazine) .
Awards and FellowshipsEdit
Parampara Rituraj Samman,1999, New Delhi Junior Fellowship in Music, 2003-05 (Department of Culture, Government of India, New Delhi with the Collaboration of National Sangeet Natak Akademi) Rajiv Gandhi Rashtreeya Ekta Puraskar, 2004, New Delhi Bharat Bhushan Agrawal Smriti Puraskar, 2005, New Delhi Hemant Smriti Kavita Puraskar, 2005, Mumbai Bharateeya Bhasha Parishad Yuva Puraskar, 2006, Kolkata Independent Fellowship for Study on Ayodhya, (SARAI, CSDS), 2006–07, New Delhi Raza Foundation Award, Raza Foundation, 2007, New Delhi Uttar Pradesh Sangeet Natak Akademi Award, 2008, Lucknow (Department of Culture, Government of Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow Awarded for the Year - 2008, Felicitated in 2016) Jananpitha Fellowship, (Bhartiya Jananpitha), 2015, New Delhi
Readings in IndiaEdit
Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts (IGNCA), New Delhi N.C.P.A. Tata Theatre, Mumbai Sahitya Academy, New Delhi Sangeet Natak Academy, New Delhi National School of Drama, New Delhi Aaj Tak Sahitya Utsav, New Delhi Jaipur Literature Festival, Jaipur Bangalore Literature Festival, Bengaluru Patna Literature Festival, Patna Lucknow Literature Festival, Lucknow Patna Kalam, Patna Jaipur Kalam, Jaipur Raipur Kalam, Raipur Gramophone Club of India, Ahmedabad Baaza Gaaza Music Festival, Pune Baaza Gaaza Music Conclave, Varanasi Doon Readings, Doon Library, Dehradun Wajid Ali Shah Festival, Lucknow SanatKada Festival, Lucknow An Authors Afternoon, Prabha Khetan Foundation, Kolkata Doordarshan, Prasar Bharati, New Delhi A.I.R., Prasar Bharti, New Delhi Vividh Bharati, Mumbai Raza Foundation Camp, New Delhi Raza Foundation Camp, Uttarayan, Vadodara Yuva 2016, Raza Foundation, New Delhi University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad Sirifort Auditorium, New Delhi FICCI Auditorium, New Delhi Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya, Wardha Triveni Kala Sangam, New Delhi India Habitat Center, New Delhi India International Center, New Delhi Eyefax Art Gallery, New Delhi Academy of Fine Arts & Literature, New Delhi World Book Fair, New Delhi Sri Venketeshwara College, Delhi University, New Delhi Film & Television Institute of India, Pune Asiatic Society, Kolkata Bhartiya Bhasha Parishad, Kolkata Bara Bazar Kumarsabha Library, Kolkata Bihar Sangeet Natak Academy, Patna Lokmat Bhawan, Nagpur Hindi Prachar Samiti, Nagpur Crossword, Jaipur Oxford Book Store, New Delhi Bharat Bhawan, Bhopal Doordarshan, Prasar Bharti, Bhopal Madhaya Pradesh Hindi Prachar Samiti, Bhopal Poetry reading at Sutradhar, Indore Kalidas Academy, Ujjain Rashtriya Lalit Kala Kendra, Lucknow Uttar Pradesh Hindi Sansthan, Lucknow Rai Umanath Bali Auditorium, Lucknow Doordarshan, Prasar Bharti, Lucknow Nagri Natak Mandal, Varanasi Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapeetha, Varanasi Hindustani Academy, Allahabad Seminars Oraganised by Sahitya Academy in Various Cities, viz..... Agartala, Kolkata, Dehradun, Jodhpur, Bhopal, Varanasi, Gorakhpur & Lucknow
England, 1999 (to read poems at the Sixth World Hindi Conference) Mauritius, 2000 (to participate in clloquium on Ayodhya organized by Mahatma Gandhi Institute) England, 2003 (to read poems at India House, London; Geetanjali Multilingual Literary Community, Birmingham and B.B.C. London) USA, 2003 (to read poems at the Jaiprakash Narayan Centenary celebrations organized by Bharateeya Vidya Bhavan) Abu Dhabi, 2009 (to deliver lecture on Hindi Film Music in the seminar Islamicate Cultures of Bombay Cinema organised by New York Institute, Abu Dhabi)
Advisor (Selected) B.B.C. World Hindi Services, New Delhi, from March, 2015 Advisor (Selected) Taj Colloquium (an initiative to spread the literary and cultural ethos of Indian society through various activities), New Delhi, from March, 2016 Advisor (Nominated) D.D. Bharati Channel, Prasar Bharati, Under the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Government of India, New Delhi from May, 2014-April, 2015 and for the second term from May, 2015-April, 2016. Member (Nominated) Expert committee for the Scheme 'Safeguarding the Intangible Cultural Heritage and Diverse Cultural Traditions of India' Under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, New Delhi from 2014-16. Member (Nominated) Executive Committee, Ayodhya Shodh Sansthan, A Government Organisation Under the Department of Culture, Uttar Pradesh for two consecutive terms, from August, 2012–2015, (First term) and September, 2015 till now (Second term) Member : Syllabus Committee, Mahatma Gandhi International Hindi University, Wardha, Maharashtra, 2012 Member Trustee : 'Sonchirraiya Trust' (A Trust For Promotion Of Folk Arts), Lucknow, From 2010 Founder Trustee & Secretary : Vimla Devi Foundation Nyas, Ayodhya (A Trust For The Promotion Of Music, Literature & Arts), From December, 1999
TV programs, lectures, textbooks and organizationsEdit
Being a part of Doordarshan Kendra, New Delhi as an Advisor to D.D. Bharati Channel on Prasar Bharati (May, 2014–April, 2015), Yatindra Mishra launched four new series for the talecast on that system. Special shows are made for broadcast.
- Remembering Legends: Curation based series featuring archival performance of Hindustani Classical Music. This series features those artists who are considered all-time greats.
- Jewels of Hindustani Classical Music: Curation based series featuring archival performances of some of the senior contemporary artists of Hindustani Classical Music.
- Gunijan: Interview based series, a one-hour conversation with fellow guests. It consists of a discourseful dialogue with classical musicians, art historians, writers and art critics.
- Mangal Chowk: Showcased the light and folk music along with the Sufi dance. It curated some of the renowned folk singers as well as Sufi performers.
- Episode highlights: Vindhyavasini Devi, Allah Jilai Bai, Qawwal singer Habib Painter and the duo Shankar Shambhu along with Niyaji Brothers, Reshma, playback singers Manna Dey and Wadali Brothers, Ustad Ahmad & Mohammad Hussain, Teejan Bai, Ustad Ameen Sabri & Brothers, Vani Jairam, Prahlad Singh Tipaniya and Pankaj Udhas.
Several special shows are also made with Yatindra Mishra's supervision on different occasions.
- Ghan Garje: A selection of Mansoon theme performance by Pt. Kumar Gandharva and Shobha Gurtu.
- Maihar Gharana: Featuring Pt. Ravi Shankar, Ustad Ali Akbar Khan, Sharan Rani Backliwal and Pt. Vishwa Mohan Bhatt, signature performers of the Maihar Gharana.
- Akhtari Ki Mehfil Mein Kaifi: An inter dialogue between singer Begum Akhtar and poet lyricist Kaifi Azmi, presented for the Begum Akhtar Centenary Celebration.
- Abeer-Gulal: A special Holi program which includes Ustad Aslam Sabri & Party, Thumri Singar Savita Devi as well as the playback singer Asha Bhonsle.
Yatindra Mishra gave lectures on poetry and art history in India at various occasions.
- 'Lalit Kala Evam Sahitya Ke Antarsambandh', Rashtriya Lalit Kala Kendra, Lucknow, 2004.
- 'Ustad Amir Khan', by National Centre for the Performing Arts, Tata Theatre, Mumbai, 2005
- 'Journey of Hindi Film Music', Lokmat Samachar Bhawan with the collaboration of Raisoni Group, Nagpur, 2008 — a Knowledge Series Lecture
- 'Kothon Ke Sangeet Ka Arambhik Film Sangeet Par Prabhav', Film Music Seminar, Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, 2008
- 'Hindi Film Music: Its Styles And Thematic Concerns', Golden Jubilee celebration of Federation of Film Societies of India (FFSI), New Delhi, 2009
- Two lectures– 'Bhaktikal Aur Sangeet Ka Antarsambandh' and 'Kalayein', Hyderabad University, 2010
- 'Ajaneya: Maun Ka Aalok' at poet's Birth Centenary Celebration, Sahitya Academy with the Collaboration of Raza Foundation, New Delhi, 2011— on Ajaneya's Poetry
- 'Sangeet Ki Duniya', Jaipur Literature Festival, Jaipur, 2012
- 'Ustad Bismillah Khan', Reflections Art Gallery, Indore, 2012
- 'Ustad Bismillah Khan: The Poetry of Shehnai', India International Centre, New Delhi, 2013 — Music Appreciation Promotion (MAP) Lecture
- 'Appreciation of Hindustani Classical Music', Bihar Sangeet Natak Akademi, Patna, 2013
- 'Sahitya Aur Kalaon Ki Maitri', Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA), New Delhi, 2014— a Pt. Hazari Prasad Dwivedi Memorial lecture
- 'Kahe Kabeera: Wisdom of Kabir', Jaipur Literature Festival, Jaipur, 2014
- 'Musical Intricacy of Paakeezah (Film)', Mahindra Sanatkada Lucknow Festival, Lucknow, 2015
As part of his effort to promote literature and the arts in 1999, Yatindra Mishra founded the Vimla Devi Foundation. The "Ishwar Allah Tero Naam" was started by him as an annual festival of performing arts where it highlights the Ganga-Jamuni tehzeeb of India in 2006.
The State Council of Educational Research and Training, Delhi (SCERT), and the NCERT, or two Indian apex bodies for institutional education adopted Yatindra Mishra's "Interface" for compulsory education textbooks in Dehli since 2004. Bihar Board of Education also included the same work since 2010. In that article, Yatindra Mishra based on the life and music of the late shehnai maestro Ustad Bismillah Khan.
- the Standard VIII textbook, the SCERT, 2004
- the Standard X textbook, the NCERT, 2007
- the 10th standard textbook, the Bihar Board of Education, 2010
'Rang Shrinkhla Natya Manch' performed a musical drama based on 'Sur ki Baradari' (Life and times of Ustad Bismillah Khan) in Raipur (Chhattisgarh) in November, 2016. It was conceived, edited and directed by eminent theatre artist Hira Manikpuri.
1. यतीन्द्र मिश्र / परिचय
2. Yatindra Mishra - Kavita Kosh
3. Yatindra Mishra - Facebook
4. AajTak - Yatindra Mishra and Lata Mangeshkar - Lata Sur Gatha
- Yatīndra Mohana Pratāpa Miśra (1997). Yadā-kadā (in Hindi). Nayī Dillī: Kitāba Ghara. OCLC 610280408.
- Yatīndra Mohana Pratāpa Miśra (2000). Ayodhyā tathā anya kavitāem̐ (in Hindi). Nayī Dillī: Kitāba Ghara. OCLC 44952283.
- Yatīndra Mohana Pratāpa Miśra (2005). Ḍyoṛhī para ālāpa (in Hindi). Nayī Dillī: Rājakamala Prakāśana. OCLC 646533715.
- Yatīndra Mohana Pratāpa Miśra; Sonal Mansingh (2007). Devapriyā : nr̥tyāṅganā Sonala Mānasiṃha se saṃvāda evaṃ nr̥tya-kalā para vicāra (in Hindi). Nayī Dillī: Vāṇī Prakāśana. OCLC 214280503.
- Yatīndra Mohana Pratāpa Miśra (2009). Sura kī bārādarī (in Hindi). Nayī Dillī: Yātrā Buksa: Penguin Books (Peṅguina Buksa). OCLC 749971245.
- Yatīndra Mohana Pratāpa Miśra (2012). Vismaya kā bakhāna : vibhinna kalā-rūpoṃ para nibandha (in Hindi). Nayī Dillī: Vāṇī Prakāśana. OCLC 806637807.
- Aśoka Vājapeyī (2011). Yatīndra Mohana Pratāpa Miśra, ed. Kisa bhūgola meṃ kisa sapane meṃ: Aśoka Vājapeyī ke aba taka ke lekhana se gadya racanāoṃ kā cayana (in Hindi). Nayī Dillī: Vāṇī Prakāśana. OCLC 707606932.
- Gulazāra (2010). Yatīndra Mohana Pratāpa Miśra, ed. Mīloṃ se dina- (in Hindi). Nayī Dillī: Rūpā eṇḍa Kaṃpanī. OCLC 693110850.
- Akkamahādēvi; Yatīndra Mohana Pratāpa Miśra (2012). Bhairavī: Akka Mahādevī kī kavitāem̐ (in Hindi). Nayī Dillī: Vāṇī Prakāśana. OCLC 782174033.
- Yatīndra Mohana Pratāpa Miśra (2006). Girija: a journey through thumri. Translated by Madhu Bī Jośī. New Delhi: Rupa. OCLC 70063307.
- Yatindra Mishra (2006). A journey through Thumri. Calcutta: Rupa & Co: distributed by Soma Books Ltd. OCLC 852140265.
- Yatīndra Mohana Pratāpa Miśra (2013). Vibhāsa (in Hindi). Nayī Dillī: Vāṇī Prakāśana. OCLC 871787809.
- Yatīndra Mohana Pratāpa Miśra (2012). मीलों से दिन [Mīloṃ se dina--] (in Hindi). Translated by गुलज़ार. Gulazāra. Nayī Dillī: Rūpā. OCLC 1001857566.
- "Mahindra Sanatkada Lucknow Festival".
- Yatindra Mishra Pratilipi