48th International Film Festival of India
The 48th International Film Festival of India was held on 20 to 28 November 2017 in Goa. "Celebrating the Future of Cinema" was set as the festival's theme and registrations were opened in early October 2017.
|48th International Film Festival of India|
|Awarded for||Best of World cinema|
|Presented by||Directorate of Film Festivals|
|Presented on||28 November 2017|
|Hosted by||Rajkummar Rao|
Pritam Singh Wadhwa
|Best Feature Film||BPM (Beats per Minute)|
|Lifetime achievement||Atom Egoyan|
Filmmaker Sujoy Ghosh, who was appointed head of the jury of the Indian panorama section, resigned from the position on 14 November after alleging that the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, that co-organizes the festival, dropped two films S Durga and Nude from screening in the Indian Panorama section, despite being chosen by the jury and without consulting them. Two other members Apurva Asrani and Gyan Correa quit the jury the following day.
- Best Film: Golden Peacock Award: [[BPM (Beats per Minute)]] by Robin Campillo
- Best Director: Vivian Qu for Angels Wear White
- Best Debut Film of a Director: Kiro Russo for Dark Skull
- IFFI Best Actor Award (Male): Silver Peacock Award: Nahuel Pérez Biscayart for BPM (Beats per Minute)
- IFFI Best Actor Award (Female): Silver Peacock Award: Parvathy for Take Off
- ICFT UNESCO Gandhi Medal: Kshitij-A Horizon directed by Manouj Kadaamh
- Special Jury Award: Mahesh Narayan for Take Off 
- Suresh Heblikar, filmmaker and actor
- Rahul Rawail, film director
- Satarupa Sanyal, film director, producer, actress, poet and social activist
- Gopi Desai, film director and actress
- Nishikant Kamat, filmmaker
- Merlvin Mukhim, actor and film producer
- Nikkhil Advani, Film producer, director and screenwriter
- Hari Viswanath, film director, screenwriter and producer
- Sachin Chatte, film critic
- Ruchi Narain, film director and screenwriter
- Sudhir Mishra, film director and screenwriter; President
- Tuhinabha Majumdar, film director and film writer
- Shankhajeet De, filmmaker
- Mithunchandra Chaudhari, film director
- Shiny Jacob Benjamin, film producer, film director and writer
- Tinni Mitra, film editor
- K. G. Suresh, journalist and columnist
- Thinking of Him 
|Original title||Director(s)||Production country|
|Ana, mon amour||Călin Peter Netzer||Romania-Germany-France|
|BPM (Beats Per Minute)||Robin Campillo||France|
|Angels Wear White||Vivian Qu||China|
|Racer and the Jailbird||Michaël R. Roskam||Belgium-Netherlands-France|
|Dark Skull||Kiro Russo||Bolivia-Qatar|
|The Great Buddha+||Huang Hsin-Yao||Taiwan|
|Blank 13||Takumi Saito||Japan|
|Marionette||Lee Han-wook||South Korea|
|Still Night Still Light||Sophie Goyette||Canada-China-Mexico|
|Shuttle Life||Tan Seng Kiat||Malaysia|
|A Man of Integrity||Mohammad Rasoulof||Iran|
|Kaccha Limboo||Prasad Oak||India-Marathi|
|Take Off||Mahesh Narayan||India-Malayalam|
|Village Rockstars||Rima Das||India-Assamese|
|Pihu (film)||Hindi||Vinod Kapri|
|Kshitij A Horizon||Marathi||Manouj Kadaamh|
|Kaccha Limboo||Marathi||Prasad Oak|
|Railway Children||Kannada||Prithvi Konanur|
|Newton||Hindi||Amit V. Masurkar|
|Village Rockstars||Assamese||Rima Das|
|Maza Bhirbhira||Marathi||Yogesh Soman & Vivek Wagh|
|Maacher Jhol||Bengali||Pratim D. Gupta|
|Take Off||Malayalam||Mahesh Narayan|
|Kadvi Hawa||Hindi||Nila Madhab Panda|
|Xhoixobote Dhemalite||Assamese||Bidyut Kotoky|
|Khyanikaa - The Lost Idea||Oriya||Amartya Bhattacharyya|
|Kaasav(Best Feature – 64th NFA)||Marathi||Sumitra Bhave & Sunil Sukthankar|
|Mainstream Cinema Selections||Language||Director(s)|
|Jolly LLB 2||Hindi||Subhash Kapoor|
|Baahubali 2: The Conclusion||Telugu||S.S. Rajamouli|
|Meghnad Badh Rahasya||Bengali||Anik Datta|
Out of the 30 films that were screened at the second BRICS Film Festival in June 2017 in China, seven award-winning were chosen to be screened. |}
|English title||Original title||Director(s)||Production country|
|Panfilov's 28 Men||28 панфиловцев / 28 panfilovtsev||Kim Druzhinin, Andrey Shalopa||Russia|
|Ayanda||Ayanda||Sara Blecher||South Africa|
|The Second Mother||Que Horas Ela Volta? / When is she coming back?||Anna Muylaert||Brazil|
|Nise: The Heart of Madness||Nise: O Coração da Loucura||Roberto Berliner||Brazil|
|Where Has the Time Gone?||Em que tempo vivemos?||Walter Salles, Aleksey Fedorchenko,
Madhur Bhandarkar, Jia Zhangke, Jahmil X.T. Qubeka
|Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa|
|Soul Mate||Qi Yue Yu An Sheng||Derek Tsang||China|
|Turtle||Kaasav||Sumitra Bhave, Sunil Sukthankar||India|
Three committees — preview, steering and technical — were constituted by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting prior to inviting films for the festival. The Preview Committee, headed by filmmaker Vivek Agnihotri was set up to shortlist films for the festival. Filmmakers Jahnu Barua and Nagesh Kukunoor were named conveners of the steering and technical committees.
A steering committee was set up composed of noted entertainment industry professionals:
- Jahnu Barua, convener
- Shoojit Sircar
- Shaji N. Karun
- Anand Gandhi
- Piyush Pandey
- Prasoon Joshi
- Siddharth Roy Kapur
- Vani Tripathi Tikoo
- Meren Imchen
- Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari
- Bharat Bala
- Director, National Film Development Corporation of India
Film Preview CommitteeEdit
A 40-member Film Preview Committee was set up to "enhance the involvement of the Indian film industry". Its members included:
- "Registration begins for 48th IFFI". The Hindu. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- "48th International Film Festival of India: Days after two films dropped from fest, jury chief Sujoy Ghosh resigns". The Indian Express. 14 November 2017. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- "Sujoy Ghosh quits as IFFI Indian Panorama section jury chief after I&B Ministry drops two films from lineup". The Hindu. 14 November 2017. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- "IFFI row hots up, two more jury members resign". The Economic Times. 15 November 2017. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- "IFFI 2017 complete winners list: Parvathy wins Best Actress; Amitabh Bachchan is 'Film Personality of The Year'".
- "Indian Panorama 2017". iffigoa.org. Archived from the original on 15 November 2017. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- "'Beyond the clouds' by Majid Majidi to open IFFI 2017 on 20th November". iffigoa.org. Archived from the original on 15 November 2017. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- "Pablo César's film on Rabindranath Tagore to close IFFI 2017". Archived from the original on 15 November 2017. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- "BRICSHome". iffigoa.org. Archived from the original on 15 November 2017. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- "Bond Retrospective". iffigoa.org. Archived from the original on 15 November 2017. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- "Director Vivek Agnihotri heads I&B Ministry constituted Preview Committee for IFFI 2017". The Times of India. 22 August 2017. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- "Steering Committee of IFFI 2017". iffigoa.org. Archived from the original on 15 November 2017. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- "Preview Committee of IFFI 2017". iffigoa.org. Archived from the original on 15 November 2017. Retrieved 15 November 2017.