|Full name||Yalany Cuino Baio|
|Date of birth||10 October 1994|
|Place of birth||Bissau, Guinea-Bissau|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 26 April 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 2 June 2015 (UTC)
After playing for the youth team of S.L. Benfica, he joined Liverpool in 2011 and played for the team's youth and reserve teams. In February 2014, with his contract due to expire in the summer, he was tracked by clubs in France and the Netherlands.
On 15 January 2015, after having been without a club since his release by Liverpool, he signed for Dutch Eerste Divisie club Sparta Rotterdam for the rest of the season with the option of two further campaigns. He made his professional debut the next day in a 1–1 home draw against Den Bosch. He played nine games – all starts – for Sparta and scored in a 6–0 win over Jong Ajax on 25 January.
In January 2017, Baio went back to Great Britain when he signed a short-term deal at Bangor City in the Welsh Premier League. He was sent off on 25 February in a 2–1 loss at The New Saints in the quarter-finals of the Welsh Cup. He then moved to Gibraltar that September to sign for Gibraltar United, as part of an ambitious project headed by new owner Michel Salgado.
Baio returned to Bangor, now relegated to the Cymru Alliance, in June 2018. The following 31 January, he was one of four players released to cut costs, and signed for Llandudno of the top flight hours later. He played ten matches in his first half-season with the club, and scored twice in a 4–0 win at Llanelli Town on 20 April, with both teams already relegated.
On 6 June 2015, he played in an international friendly for Guinea, replacing Lass Bangoura after 54 minutes of a 2–2 draw with Chad in Saint-Leu-la-Forêt, France. This was not a FIFA sanctioned game, as FIFA records still classify him as declared for Guinea-Bissau.
- "Transfer news: Liverpool midfielder Yalany Baio tracked by a number of clubs". Sky Sports. 19 February 2014. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- Hunter, Steve (26 July 2011). "Our 'new' stars of the future". Liverpool F.C. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- "Sparta legt jeugdexponent van Liverpool vast" [Sparta sign Liverpool youth player] (in Dutch). Voetbal. 15 January 2015. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- "Den Bosch vs. Sparta Rotterdam 1 - 1". Soccerway. 2015-01-16.
- "SPARTA ROTTERDAM VS. AJAX II 6 - 0". Soccerway. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- Jones, Dave (27 January 2017). "Former Premier League striker Gary Taylor-Fletcher joins Bangor City". Daily Post. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- Owen, Kevin (25 February 2017). "Ten-man Citizens battle all the way in JD Welsh Cup Quarter Final". Bangor City F.C. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- "Yalany Baio signs a contract with Gibraltar United FC!". Goldenball Llousa. 21 September 2017. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- "Baio is back". Bangor City F.C. 18 June 2018. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- Jones, Jordan (31 January 2019). "Llandudno swoop for Bangor City duo Baio and Dool". Y Clwb Pel-Droed. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- "Welsh Premier & non-league round-up". BBC Sport. 19 April 2019. Retrieved 3 May 2019.
- Jones, Dean (18 July 2019). "Yalany Baio returns to Bangor City for third spell". North Wales Chronicle. Retrieved 29 August 2019.
- Jones, Jordan (2 January 2020). "Bangor City: Ex-Barnsley midfielder Hugo Colace joins with Alex Boss". Y Clwb Pel-Droed. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- "Yalany: "Je veux jouer pour la Guinée"" [Yalany: "I want to play for Guinea"] (in French). Guineefoot. 2013-03-18. Archived from the original on 2015-09-26.
- "Yalany Baio". Portuguese Football Federation. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- "Guinea vs. Chad". National Football Teams. Retrieved 31 January 2019.