Yakimovo Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Якимово) is a small municipality (obshtina) in Montana Province, Northwestern Bulgaria, located in the area of the Danubian Plain. It is named after its administrative centre - the village of Yakimovo.
Yakimovo Municipality within Bulgaria and Montana Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Yakimovo|
|• Total||221.96 km2 (85.70 sq mi)|
(Census February 2011)
|• Density||19/km2 (50/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
The municipality embraces a territory of 221.96 km² with a population of 4,252 inhabitants, as of February 2011.
Yakimovo Municipality includes the following 4 places all of them villages:
|Dolno Tserovene||Долно Церовене||854|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
According to the latest Bulgarian census of 2011, the religious composition, among those who answered the optional question on religious identification, was the following:
- (in Bulgarian)National Statistical Institute - Census 2011
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (in English)National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- "Religious composition of Bulgaria 2011". pop-stat.mashke.org.
- Official website (in English)