This article needs to be updated.April 2020)(
Xırdalan (Khirdalan) is a city, municipality and the capital of the Absheron District of Azerbaijan. It has a population of 95,200. Khirdalan is home of country's biggest brewery Baltika Baku, previously known as Xırdalan. A monument to Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak was erected in 2007 in the city. Similarily, a statue of Heydar Aliyev was erected in Cairo in 2008. In the wake of the 2011 Egyptian protests, the Azerbaijani opposition, led by the Musavat party, demanded the demolition of the statue, calling it a "worship of idols". On 8 June 2011, the statue was taken down following Mubarak's resignation.
City & Municipality
|• Total||47 km2 (18 sq mi)|
|Elevation||50 m (160 ft)|
|• Density||2,000/km2 (5,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+4 (AZT)|
- Baltika-Baku Archived June 17, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- "4 meter high monument of Azerbaijan's National Leader Heydar Aliyev established in Egypt". Day.az. 2008-02-07.
- "Azerbaijani Youth Ridicule Mubarak Statue". Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty. 2011-02-07.
- "Azerbaijan Removes Mubarak Monument". Fox News. 2021-04-01.
- Khirdalan settlement receives a city status
- "Nəbi Xəzri" (in Azerbaijani). ADAM.az. Archived from the original on 2011-09-03. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)