Worlds Fair Nano
Worlds Fair Nano is an American future festival whose mission is to let the general public experience the future. Worlds Fair Nano occurs in major cities around the United States.
Founded in 2016 as part of an effort to bring a 6-month World's Fair back to the United States, Worlds Fair Nano seeks to revive the spirit of the World's Fair by providing a place where the general public can experience and learn what the future holds.
World's Fair Nano's mission of putting forth a non-BIE effort to bring the World's Fair back to the United States is considered rather important since there has not been a full-scale World's Fair in the United States in the past three decades. The most recent World's Fair in the United States was the 1984 Louisiana World Exposition that was held in 1984 in New Orleans, Louisiana. The most recent World's Fair in the entire continent of North America was Expo 86 in the city of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
A variety of people and organizations have participated in Worlds Fair Nano. Past speakers include Airbnb's former Head of Hospitality Chip Conley, socially advanced AI android BINA48, and SETI's Senior Astronomer Seth Shostak. Past exhibitors include mixed reality company Modal VR which was founded by Atari founder Nolan Bushnelland haptic suit maker HardlightVR
The first Worlds Fair Nano took place in New York City on August 6 and 7, 2016. The second fair took place in San Francisco on January 28 and 29, 2017. The third occurred in New York City on September 16 and 17, 2017 The fourth WFN took place in San Francisco on March 10 and 11 at Pier 48. As of summer 2018, the organizers behind Worlds Fair Nano launched a new event series focused on industry applications of artificial intelligence called Ai4.
- "Bringing the World's Fair Back to the U.S." Bloomberg.com. December 17, 2015. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- "The Future Is Coming To Brooklyn (For A Two-Day Fair)". PSFK. August 30, 2017. Retrieved November 10, 2017.
- "Hospitality Will Become More About Friends Than Service". Inverse. Retrieved November 10, 2017.
- "A Day at the Worlds Fair Nano: Experiencing the World of Tomorrow". IVY MAGAZINE. September 21, 2017. Retrieved November 10, 2017.
- "Alien-hunting astronomer says we'll find intelligent extraterrestrial life in the next 20 years". Newsweek. October 3, 2017. Retrieved November 10, 2017.
- Metz, Rachel. "Pong inventor Nolan Bushnell is bringing VR to arcades". MIT Technology Review. Retrieved November 10, 2017.
- Times, Tech (February 24, 2017). "The Hardlight VR Suit Is A $449 Haptic Vest That Will Let You 'Feel' VR". Tech Times. Retrieved November 10, 2017.
- Vazquez, Laurie. "Why Virtual Reality Games Will Be a Technological Revolution". Big Think. Retrieved November 10, 2017.
- "Worlds Fair Nano Hits Pier 70 This Weekend - By willie-clark - January 25, 2017 - SF Weekly". SF Weekly. January 25, 2017. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- "Worlds Fair NANO shares a vision of the future". www.cnet.com. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- "This fair will show off some crazy near-future tech". New York Post. September 15, 2017. Retrieved November 10, 2017.
- "Play, eat and ride the future at Worlds Fair Nano in Brooklyn". Metro US. August 18, 2017. Retrieved November 10, 2017.
- "Take a Peek Into the Future at Worlds Fair Nano SF". NBC Bay Area. Retrieved July 24, 2018.