Wonder of Women
Wonder of Women is a 1929 American pre-Code drama film directed by Clarence Brown and starring Lewis Stone, Leila Hyams, and Peggy Wood. It was nominated for Best Writing at the 2nd Academy Awards.
|Wonder of Women|
|Directed by||Clarence Brown|
|Written by||Marian Ainslee (titles) |
Bess Meredyth (Writer)
Hermann Sudermann (Novel)
|Cinematography||Merritt B. Gerstad|
|Edited by||William LeVanway|
|July 13, 1929|
- Lewis Stone as Stephen Trombolt
- Leila Hyams as Karen
- Peggy Wood as Brigitte
- Harry Myers as Bruno Heim
- Sarah Padden as Anna
- George Fawcett as Doctor
- Blanche Friderici as Stephen Trombolt's housekeeper (as Blanche Frederici)
- Wally Albright as Wulle-Wulle (as Wally Albright Jr.)
- Anita Louise as Lottie (as Anita Fremault)
- Ullrich Haupt as Kurt
- "The 2nd Academy Awards (1930) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- "NY Times: Wonder of Women". Movies & TV Dept. The New York Times. Baseline & All Movie Guide. 2016. Archived from the original on March 6, 2016. Retrieved March 4, 2017.
- American Silent Feature Film Survival Database: Wonder of Woman