Womensforum is a United States-based online community website for women.
Type of site
|Women's community website|
Based in Chicago, Illinois, it was co-created by former television reporter and producer Jodi Turek and Mark Kaufman in 1996. The website aggregates data from partner websites aimed at their demographic. Womensforum covers topics such as health, family, and job issues and advice. In 2000, the website obtained $17 million in financing from venture capital firm VantagePoint Venture Partners. As of April 2008, Womensforum was ranked in the top 10 U.S. gaining properties based on unique visitors. As of July 2008, Womensforum had over 40 sites in its network and received more than 6.7 million visitors each month. As of October 2009, WomensForum partner sites had grown to more than 50. Some of their partners included Babynames.com, and CopyKat.com.
- Luber, Jodi. "About Us". Womensforum. Retrieved February 28, 2017.
- Peterson, Andrea (September 1, 2000). "Fear of Flying Clinic, Rape Treatment, Homework". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved November 30, 2008.
- "Surf". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Healthy & Fit. October 29, 2007. p. H3.
- [dead link] "Womensforum.com completes first-round financing with $17 million financial commitment from VantagePoint Venture Partners". Business Wire. April 10, 2000. Retrieved November 30, 2008.
- "comScore Media Metrix Ranks Top 50 U.S. Web Properties for April". comScore, Inc. Retrieved February 28, 2017.
- [dead link] "Glam Media's Glam Family Channel adds Womensforum.com to network". Reuters. July 21, 2008. Archived from the original on February 10, 2009. Retrieved November 30, 2008.
- Women's Forum Partner Websites". Womensforum.