This biographical article is written like a résumé. (June 2018)
William Knoedelseder (born 1947), is an American author, former Los Angeles Times business writer, television producer and news executive.
|Born||1947 (age 71–72)|
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
|Occupation||Author, business writer, TV producer, news executive|
Early life and educationEdit
His articles in the 1980s into corrupt practices in the record business formed the basis for his book Stiffed: A True Story of MCA, the Music Business and the Mafia.
In 2012, his book Bitter Brew, which spans five generations of the Busch family and the foreign takeover of Anheuser-Busch, made New York Times Bestseller list. Lionsgate Television optioned the book as a television series.
Knoedelseder executive produced two television documentaries — Something’s Got to Give, a 1990 two-hour special for Fox about Marilyn Monroe, and All the Presidents’ Movies, a three-hour 2003 special for Bravo that described the viewing habits of modern U.S. presidents.
Knoedelseder worked as a television producer and executive creating news programs and documentaries for Fox, Disney, Knight-Ridder, Bravo and USA Broadcasting. As vice president of news at USA, he oversaw the launch of a nightly news program on WAMI-TV in Miami titled "The Times." Miami New Times named it “Best Newscast in South Florida.”
- Bitter Brew: The Rise and Fall of Anheuser-Busch and America's Kings of Beer (2012), ISBN 0062009265
- I'm Dying Up Here: Heartbreak and High Times in Standup Comedy's Golden Age (2010), ISBN 1586488961
- In Eddie's Name: One Family's Triumph over Tragedy (with co-author Bryn Freedman) (1999), ISBN 0571199240
- Stiffed: A True Story of MCA, the Music Business and the Mafia (1993), ISBN 0060167459
- "Author William Knoedelseder interview for new book "Fins"". KTVI Fox 2 Now. 10 October 2018.
- "Media Coverage: October 2018". UMSL.edu. 1 November 2018.
- Ellin, Xandra. "UMSL alum, best-selling author's book chronicling heyday of US auto industry 'not a book about cars'". St. Louis Public Radio.
- "William Knoedelseder". Los Angeles Review of Books.
- Bruce Haring. "'Stiffed' delves into controversial MCA cutout deal". Variety. Retrieved 2013-05-12.
- Taylor, Ihsan. "Best Sellers - The New York Times". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2013-03-27.
- "Bitter Brew: New book details Busch IV's spiral into drugs, guns, paranoia". ksdk.com. Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- John J. O'Connor. Published: December 13, 1990 (1990-12-13). "Review/Television; Rediscovered Scenes Of Marilyn Monroe In a Last, Failed Film - New York Times". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- Ted Johnson Legal Editor @tedstew. "Now playing at the White House". Variety. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- "BOOK REVIEW: 'I'm Dying Up Here' Explores Beginnings of Standup Comedy in Mid-1970s Los Angeles; When Leno and Letterman Were Buddies - Huntington News Network". Huntington: Archives.huntingtonnews.net. Retrieved 2013-03-27.