Wikipedia – The Missing Manual
|Series||The Missing Manuals|
|LC Class||TK5105.8882.W54 B76 2008|
"For anyone who is interested in becoming part of the noble experiment, this book is an excellent introduction," wrote reviewer Robert Slade. Wikipedia: The Missing Manual is part of O'Reilly Media's Missing Manual series, which was created by David Pogue, technology columnist for The New York Times and Scientific American.
On January 26, 2009, O'Reilly announced that the content of the book was being released under a free license compatible with Wikipedia and that it would be available for editing in the Help area of Wikipedia.
The book has a spin-off, Wikipedia Reader's Guide: The Missing Manual, consisting of Appendix B (slightly expanded) and Chapter 1 from the book.
- Baker, Nicholson (March 20, 2008). "The Charms of Wikipedia". The New York Review of Books.
- "Wikipedia: The Missing Manual", BKWKPDMM.RVW, a review by Robert Slade, The Internet Review Project, 2008
- O'Reilly Missing Manual series
- "Wikipedia: The Missing Manual Posted on Wikipedia--O'Reilly Media Alert: Edit the Book on Wikipedia" (Press release). O'Reilly Media. January 26, 2009. Archived from the original on July 15, 2014.
- Media related to The Missing Manual at Wikimedia Commons
- Wikipedia: The Missing Manual at O'Reilly Media.
- "Book release news:Learning to Write and Edit the Wikipedia Way". Archived from the original on 2012-06-10.