Wikipedia:WikiProject Hungary/Sports and games task force
Welcome to the Sports and games task force of the WikiProject Hungary. This group was created to coordinate the work of articles related to sports in Hungary, including organizations, events, sports clubs, athletes, their results and the rich sports history of the country. If you would like to participate, please inquire on the talk page, join the task force, or fix a thing or two from the to-do list below.
Scope and goalsEdit
The task force covers all articles related to Hungarian athletes, sports teams, organizations and events held in Hungary or in which Hungary played a significant role. Activities which not necessarily have a sporting character and the individuals who practice these (e.g. poker, geocaching, radio control aircraft modeling, etc.) are also included to the scope. The goals of the task force are the following:
- Identify and promote quality Hungarian sports related articles to bring them to GA, FA, FL status.
- Improve and guide the development of the articles.
- Assess and tag articles should be part of this project.
- Cooperate with other related projects.
- Improve the coverage of Hungary's sports and games on Wikipedia.
- Create and maintain a database of Hungarian sports; keep it up to date.
For articles within the scope of this task force, also set the "sports" parameter to "yes":
- Add sports events to the 2012 in Hungary summary article
- Fill the red links of Hungarian athletes in the Olympic Games articles (e.g. Hungary at the 2008 Summer Olympics)
- Hungary at the 1956 Summer Olympics (regarding the 1956 Hungarian Revolution, its effects, etc.)
Articles for creation