Wike, West Yorkshire
Wike is a hamlet north of Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. It is in the City of Leeds metropolitan borough and is north of Shadwell and Roundhay, west of Scarcroft and south of East Keswick. Many residents use facilities in Leeds as well as in the nearby town of Wetherby.
Wike is one of the few villages in Leeds not to be served by a public bus service: the last service 923, operated by Utopia, was rerouted in early 2003.
Wike is in the Harewood ward of the Leeds Metropolitan Council and is home to a local Scout and Guide 'back-to-basics' campsite operated by North Leeds District Scout Council, as well as several golf courses including Leeds Golf Centre, which is home to Wike Ridge Golf Course, an 18-hole USGA-standard course and The Oaks, a par 3 course.
- "Wike Campsite". North Leeds Scout District. Retrieved 5 August 2016.
- Historic England. "Wike Manor (1227563)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 24 January 2019.
- Historic England. "Guide Post 20 Metres East of Island Cottage (1225854)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 7 December 2019.
- The ancient parish of Bardsey: historical and genealogical information at GENUKI. (Wike is described as being in the parishes of Bardsey and Harewood)
- The ancient parish of Harewood: historical and genealogical information at GENUKI. (Wike is described as being in the parishes of Bardsey and Harewood)
- for Wike, West Yorkshire
|This West Yorkshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|