Who Killed the Cat?
Who Killed the Cat? is a 1966 British crime film directed by Montgomery Tully and starring Mary Merrall, Ellen Pollock and Amy Dalby. It was based on the 1956 play Tabitha by Arnold Ridley and Mary Cathcart Borer.
|Who Killed the Cat?|
|Directed by||Montgomery Tully|
|Screenplay by||Maurice J. Wilson|
|Based on||play Tabitha by Arnold Ridley and Mary Cathcart Borer|
|Produced by||Maurice J. Wilson|
|Edited by||Peter Musgrave|
|Music by||Carlo Martelli|
|Distributed by||Grand National Pictures (UK)|
Three elderly spinsters become amateur detectives when someone poisons their beloved cat. The three determine the cat was poisoned by their mean old landlady and with an eye-for-an-eye attitude, they determine to have their revenge. The three plan to murder the landlady, but fate takes a hand in matters.
- Mary Merrall - Janet Bowering
- Ellen Pollock - Ruth Prendergast
- Amy Dalby - Lavinia Goldsworthy
- Mervyn Johns - Henry Fawcett
- Vanda Godsell - Eleanor Trellington
- Conrad Phillips - Inspector Bruton
- Natasha Pyne - Mary Trellington
- Ronald Adam - Gregory
- Philip Brack - Police Sergeant Rawlings
- Inigo Jackson - Doctor Brentwood
- Joan Sanderson - Mrs Sandford
- Gregory Phillips - Peter Parsons
- "BFI | Film & TV Database | WHO KILLED THE CAT? (1966)". 14 January 2009. Archived from the original on 14 January 2009.
- Wearing, J. P. (16 September 2014). The London Stage 1950-1959: A Calendar of Productions, Performers, and Personnel. Rowman & Littlefield. ISBN 9780810893085 – via Google Books.
- "Who Killed the Cat? (1966)". BFI. Retrieved 24 May 2021.
- "Who Killed the Cat – review | cast and crew, movie star rating and where to watch film on TV and online". Radio Times.
- "Who Killed The Cat? | TV Guide". TVGuide.com.