This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Montgomery Tully (6 May 1904 – 10 October 1988) was an Irish film director and writer.
Geoffrey Montgomery Tully
6 May 1904
|Died||10 October 1988(aged 84)|
Born in Dublin, Tully studied at the University of London, and originally entered the film industry as a director of documentaries. Later, Tully worked on low-budget British films, and is mostly known for his crime dramas. One of his films, No Road Back (1957), featured Sean Connery in a very early role. His last film, The Terrornauts, was made in 1967. He also worked in television, directing episodes of shows such as Edgar Wallace Mysteries, Kraft Mystery Theatre, Man from Interpol and Fabian of the Yard.
- Waltz Time (1945)
- Murder in Reverse (1945)
- Spring Song (1946)
- Mrs. Fitzherbert (1947)
- Boys in Brown (1949)
- A Tale of Five Cities (a.k.a. A Tale of Five Women ) (1951)
- Girdle of Gold (1952)
- Small Town Story (1953)
- 36 Hours (a.k.a. Terror Street) (1953)
- The Diamond (a.k.a. The Diamond Wizard) (1954)
- Five Days (a.k.a. Paid to Kill) (1954)
- Devil's Point (a.k.a. Devil's Harbor) (1954)
- The Glass Cage (a.k.a. The Glass Tomb) (1955)
- Dial 999 (a.k.a. The Way Out) (1955)
- The Counterfeit Plan (1957)
- No Road Back (1957)
- The Key Man (a.k.a. Life at Stake) (1957)
- The Hypnotist (a.k.a. Scotland Yard Dragnet) (1957)
- Man in the Shadow (a.k.a. Violent Stranger) (1957)
- The Diplomatic Corpse (1958)
- Escapement (a.k.a. The Electronic Monster) (1958)
- The Strange Awakening (a.k.a. Female Fiends) (1958)
- The Long Knife (1958)
- Man with a Gun (1958)
- I Only Arsked! (1958)
- Man Accused (1959)
- The Price of Silence (1959)
- Jackpot (1960)
- Dead Lucky (1960)
- The House in Marsh Road (a.k.a. Invisible Creature) (1960)
- Two Wives at One Wedding (1961)
- The Third Alibi (1961)
- Middle Course (1961)
- She Knows Y'Know (1962)
- Out of the Fog (a.k.a. Fog for a Killer) (1962)
- Clash by Night (a.k.a. Escape by Night) (1963)
- Master Spy (1964)
- Who Killed the Cat? (1966)
- The Terrornauts (1967)
- Battle Beneath the Earth (1967)
- Maxford, Howard (8 November 2019). Hammer Complete: The Films, the Personnel, the Company. McFarland. ISBN 9781476629148 – via Google Books.
- "Montgomery Tully". BFI.
- McFarlane, Brian; Slide, Anthony (16 May 2016). The Encyclopedia of British Film: Fourth edition. Manchester University Press. ISBN 9781526111968 – via Google Books.
- "Montgomery Tully | Biography, Movie Highlights and Photos". AllMovie.
- "BFI Screenonline: Third Alibi, The (1961)". www.screenonline.org.uk.
- "No Road Back (1957)". BFI.
|This article about an Irish film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|