Who Dat Girl
"Who Dat Girl" is a song by American rapper Flo Rida. It features American singer Akon. The song was written by Flo Rida, Dr. Luke, Claude Kelly, Benny Blanco, Bruno Mars, and Philip Lawrence, and it was produced by Dr. Luke and Benny Blanco. It was released on January 11, 2011 as the third single from Flo Rida's third studio album, Only One Flo (Part 1). It peaked at number twenty-nine on the Billboard Hot 100.
|"Who Dat Girl"|
|Single by Flo Rida featuring Akon|
|from the album Only One Flo (Part 1)|
|Released||January 11, 2011|
|Flo Rida singles chronology|
|Akon singles chronology|
The song debuted at number fifty-five on the Billboard Hot 100 on the issue dated November 18, 2010. On the issue date of January 22, 2011, the song charted at number thirty-nine on the chart, selling 63,000 digital copies. The following week the song peaked at number twenty-nine, becoming his eighth top-thirty single. In Australia, the track debuted at No. 29 on April 4, 2011, and peaked at No. 10 in its fifth week on the chart.
The music video was directed by Ray Kay. It premiered on December 2, 2010 on MTV, with an cameo appearance by Sandra Bullock. He shows his friend a picture of a girl on his laptop, and the friend accidentally spills liquid on it. The girl pops out of the laptop and throws a party at their house, like in the film Weird Science. In the video, Flo-Rida and Akon seem to be at a club scene, in which they are dancing with a few fairly good-looking ladies, covered in some substance in which looks like glow in the dark paint.
Lewis Corner of Digital Spy UK gave the song a negative review, giving the single 2 out of 5 stars, stating "Flo Rida's chart luck has been down of late, what with his last effort – and first solo track – just missing out on a spot in the top 40. His solution? Call in the big guns – in this instance Akon to launch him back to the top – and given that Flo considers himself the old-fashioned romantic sort at heart, there are no prizes for guessing which rapper took the reigns [sic] on his latest effort.
What's more, he's even roped in serial hitmaker Dr Luke to helm the track, who supplies a ready-made rubbery electro-R&B hook with a beat peeled off the 'California Gurls' cutting room floor. 'I imagine her topless/ she might set off my rocket,' Rida announces with a conviction that would make even Hugh Hefner blush, as Akon confesses his lass 'ain't no actress/ But she makes movies.' Who said romance was dead?"
- Songwriting – Flo Rida, Dr. Luke, Claude Kelly, Benjamin Levin, Bruno Mars, Philip Lawrence
- Production, instruments and programming – Dr. Luke, Benny Blanco
- Vocals – Flo Rida, Akon
- Engineering – Emily Wright, Chris "Tek" O'Ryan, Sam Holland
- Assistant engineering – Tatiana Gottwald
- Mixing – Serban Ghenea
- Mix engineer – John Hanes
- Assistant mix engineer – Tim Roberts
- Background vocals – Claude Kelly
- Remix Package – 8barz 8barz Music, LLC
Charts and certificationsEdit
- Flo Rida feat. Akon: 'Who Dat Girl' – Music Singles Review – Digital Spy
- Keith Caulfield and Silvio Pietroluongo (January 13, 2011). "Chart Moves: Edward Sharpe, Usher, Gwyneth Paltrow, Britney Spears". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved February 5, 2011.
- Cite error: The named reference
sc_Billboardhot100_Flo_Ridawas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- Steffen Hung. "Australian charts portal". australian-charts.com. Retrieved March 15, 2012.
- Steffen Hung. "Flo Rida feat. Akon – Who Dat Girl". australian-charts.com. Retrieved March 15, 2012.
- "Flo Rida's 'Who Dat Girl' Music Video". MTV. December 2, 2010. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
- Rodriguez, Jayson (December 2, 2010). "Flo Rida's 'Who Dat Girl' Video Premieres". MTV. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
- "Flo Rida – Who Dat Girl ft. Akon [Official Video". YouTube. December 2, 2010. Retrieved March 15, 2012.
- "Flo Rida feat. Akon: 'Who Dat Girl' – Music Singles Review". Digital Spy. March 23, 2011. Retrieved March 15, 2012.
- Only One Flo (Part 1) (liner notes). Flo Rida. Atlantic Records. 2010.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Australian-charts.com – Flo Rida feat. Akon – Who Dat Girl". ARIA Top 50 Singles. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- "Austriancharts.at – Flo Rida feat. Akon – Who Dat Girl" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40. Retrieved April 15, 2011.
- "Ultratop.be – Flo Rida feat. Akon – Who Dat Girl" (in Dutch). Ultratip. Retrieved April 15, 2011.
- "Flo Rida Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- German Airplay Chart, Retrieved on 2011-06-03
- "Official R&B Singles Chart Top 40". Official Charts Company. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- "Flo Rida Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- "Flo Rida Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- "Flo Rida Chart History (Pop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- "Flo Rida Chart History (Rhythmic)". Billboard. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- "ARIA Top 100 Singles 2011". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved January 18, 2015.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2011 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association. Archived from the original on August 10, 2020.
- "Canadian single certifications – Flo Rida – Who Dat Girl". Music Canada.