The whiskered yuhina (Yuhina flavicollis) is a bird species in the white-eye family Zosteropidae. Its range extends across the Himalayan forests in northern India to northeast Indian states, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and in the east to Indochina including Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam. Its natural habitat is subtropical or tropical moist montane forests. The whiskered yuhina is sometimes found in mixed hunting parties with other yuhina and fulvetta species, but it has also been reported to not associate with mixed hunting parties in some areas. It is described as one of the commonest yuhinas in the Himalayas, although it is relatively uncommon to rare at low elevations. It prefers relatively undisturbed closed canopy cover. It is one among several other birds hunted by livestock herders in Northeast India.
- BirdLife International (2012). "Yuhina flavicollis". IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. 2012. Retrieved 26 November 2013.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)old-form url
- International, Birdlife. "Species factsheet: Yuhina flavicollis". birdlife.org. Retrieved 3 August 2014.
- VOGEL, C J; SWEET, P R; HUNG, LE MANH; HURLEY, M M (2003). "Ornithological records from Ha Giang province, north-east Vietnam, during March-June 2000" (PDF). Forktail. 19: 21–30. Retrieved 3 August 2014.
- Srinivasan, Umesh; Raza, Rashid Hasnain; Quader, Suhel. "Patterns of species participation across multiple mixed-species flock types in a tropical forest in northeastern India". Journal of Natural History. 46 (43–44): 2749–2762. doi:10.1080/00222933.2012.717644.
- Chettri, Nakul; Deb, Debes Chandra; Sharma, Eklabya; Rodney, Jackson (August 2005). "The Relationship Between Bird Communities and Habitat: A Study Along a Trekking Corridor in the Sikkim Himalaya" (PDF). Mountain Research and Development. 25 (3): 239. doi:10.1659/0276-4741(2005)025[0235:trbbca]2.0.co;2.
- Mazumdar, Kripaljyoti; Samal, Prasanna K.; Gupta, Abhik (April 2014). "Hunting of avifauna in proposed Tsangyang Gyatso Biosphere Reserve, Western Arunachal Pradesh" (PDF). Zoos' Print Journal. XXIX (4): 5. Retrieved 3 August 2014.
- Collar, N. J. & Robson, C. 2007. Family Timaliidae (Babblers) pp. 70 – 291 in; del Hoyo, J., Elliott, A. & Christie, D.A. eds. Handbook of the Birds of the World, Vol. 12. Picathartes to Tits and Chickadees. Lynx Edicions, Barcelona.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yuhina flavicollis.|
|This Zosteropidae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|