Where Is Kyra?
|Where Is Kyra?|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Andrew Dosunmu|
|Screenplay by||Darci Picoult|
|Music by||Philip Miller|
|Edited by||Oriana Soddu|
In Brooklyn, New York, Kyra (Michelle Pfeiffer) loses her job and struggles to survive on her ailing mother's income. As the weeks and months go on, her problems worsen. This leads her on a risky and enigmatic path that threatens her life.
Killer Films' Christine Vachon produced the film along with David Hinojosa and Rhea Scott, while Great Point Media financed the film. Originally titled Beat-Up Little Seagull, later it was re-titled Where Is Kyra?.
On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 80% based on 46 reviews and an average rating of 6.4/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "Where Is Kyra? rests on Michelle Pfeiffer's magnetically raw performance — and lives up to it with a trenchant, hard-hitting story." On Metacritic, the film has a average score of 72 out of 100, based on 20 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
It was released on April 6, 2018 in New York City, with other major cities to follow.
- Siegel, Tatiana (October 27, 2015). "Michelle Pfeiffer, Kiefer Sutherland to Star in 'Beat-Up Little Seagull' for Killer Films (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved January 10, 2016.
- Wiseman, Andreas (November 2, 2016). "AFM: Great Point launches ambitious slate". Screen Daily. Screen International. Retrieved November 20, 2016.
- SSN Insider Staff (January 8, 2016). "On the Set for 1/8/16: Robert Pattinson Starts on the Feature, 'Good Time' While Michael Fassbender & Marion Cotillard Wrap 'Assassin's Creed'". SSN Insider. TSS News. Retrieved January 10, 2016.
- "Where is Kyra? (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved July 8, 2018.
- "Where is Kyra? Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved July 8, 2018.
- Patten, Dominic (December 5, 2016). "Sundance 2017: Robert Redford, New Rashida Jones Netflix Series, 'Rebel In The Rye' & More On Premiere, Docu, Midnight & Kids Slates". Deadline Hollywood. Penske Business Media.
- "2017 Sundance Film Festival Printable Film Guide" (PDF). Sundance Film Festival. The Sundance Institute. Retrieved April 4, 2018.
- The Film Stage [@TheFilmStage] (February 3, 2018). "Andrew Dosunmu's 'Where Is Kyra?,' starring Michelle Pfeiffer, will be released on April 6. Our review: bit.ly/2jyqwl1" (Tweet). Retrieved April 4, 2018 – via Twitter.