Alvin Lamar Worthy (born July 27, 1982), known professionally as Westside Gunn, is an American rapper and record executive. He is the paternal half-brother of fellow rapper Conway The Machine, with whom he forms the duo Hall N Nash, and the cousin of fellow Buffalo native rapper Benny the Butcher. In 2014, he founded the record label Griselda Records, as well as clothing brand Fashion Rebels and signed a deal with Eminem and Paul Rosenberg’s Shady Records in 2017. On November 14th, 2020, in an interview with Joe Budden, Gunn announced he had fulfilled his contractual obligations to Shady Records and had become an independent artist.
|Birth name||Alvin Lamar Worthy|
|Also known as|
|Born||July 27, 1982|
Buffalo, New York, U.S.
In 2016, he released his first commercial album, Flygod. On March 3, 2017, Griselda Records signed a deal with Eminem's Shady Records, a subsidiary of Interscope, making Westside Gunn and Conway the first rappers from Buffalo to sign with a major label.
Shortly after signing with Shady Records, Westside released Flygod Is Good... All the Time, as a collaborative EP with producer Mr. Green. Since signing with Eminem, Westside Gunn has collaborated with Busta Rhymes, Anderson Paak, Jadakiss, Jaye Rhodes, Pete Rock, DJ Premier, The Alchemist, Madlib and MF Doom, and has played at Coachella, Firefly and Governors Ball. Ambrosia For Heads named 2018's Supreme Blientele one of the best albums of 2018. He also signed with Roc Nation alongside label mate Benny the Butcher on August 6, 2019, under a management deal.
On April 17, 2020, he released his third studio album, Pray for Paris. The album has features from artists such as Tyler, the Creator, Wale, Joey Bada$$ and Freddie Gibbs. The album was well received by critics, with Pitchfork giving it an 8 out of 10. On July 3, 2020, Westside Gunn released his tenth mixtape Flygod Is an Awesome God II, the sequel to his July 2019 mixtape Flygod Is an Awesome God. The album features guest appearances by Benny The Butcher, as well as frequent collaborators like Keisha Plum, Boldy James, and Daringer. On October 2, 2020, Westside Gunn released his Shady Records debut, Who Made the Sunshine. The album was originally scheduled for release on August 28, the second annual Westside Gunn Day — a day in Buffalo commemorated by the mayor in recognition of Gunn's efforts in his hometown. However, it was delayed, out of respect for the death of DJ Shay. The album includes the entire Griselda Records roster and was accompanied with a short documentary following Westside's life before being sent to prison. This would turn out to be his first and last solo project with Shady Records as on the 14th November 2020 he announced he had parted ways with Shady. 
- WWCD (2019)
- Flyest Nigga in Charge Vol. 1 (2005)
- Hitler Wears Hermes (2012)
- Hitler Wears Hermes II (2014)
- Hitler Wears Hermes III (2015)
- Hitler Wears Hermes IV (2016)
- Hitler Wears Hermes V (2017)
- Hitler Wears Hermes VI (2018)
- Flygod is an Awesome God (2019)
- Hitler Wears Hermes VII (2019)
- Flygod is an Awesome God II (2020)
- Hitler Wears Hermes VIII: Sincerely, Adolf (2021)
- Hall & Nash (with Conway The Machine) (2015)
- Griselda Ghost (with Conway The Machine and Big Ghost LTD) (2015)
- Don't Get Scared Now (with Conway The Machine and Mach-Hommy) (2016)
- Hitler on Steroids (with DJ Green Lantern) (2017)
- Roses are Red... So is Blood (with The Purist) (2016)
- There's God and There's Flygod, Praise Both (2016)
- Riots on Fashion Avenue (with Mil Beats) (2017)
- Westside Doom (with MF Doom) (2017)
- Raw is Flygod (with Daringer) (2017)
- Flygod Is Good... All the Time (with Mr. Green) (2018)
- Hitler's Dead (2018)
- Fourth Rope (2019)
- "ACE Repertory: BENNY THE BUTCHER". ASCAP. Retrieved January 2, 2018.
- "I Love Fly Street Shit: An Interview With Westside Gunn". Passionweiss. March 11, 2016. Retrieved March 11, 2016.
- "Shady X Griselda Ink Deal for WestsideGunn and Conway". Shady Records. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "FLYGOD". iTunes. March 11, 2016. Retrieved March 11, 2016.
- "Westside Gunn & Mr. Green Unite for 'FLYGOD Is Good... All The Time' EP". Hypebeast.
- "WestsideGunn & MF Doom - WestSide Doom". Discogs. Retrieved 2020-01-19.
- Suarez, Gary. "At The Nexus Of Rap And Wrestling, Westside Gunn Reigns Supreme". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-06-01.
- Heads, Ambrosia For (2018-12-07). "Who Had The Best Rap Album Of 2018 (Battle 3): Pusha-T vs. Westside Gunn". Ambrosia For Heads. Retrieved 2019-06-01.
- Grant, Shawn (2019-08-07). "BENNY THE BUTCHER AND WESTSIDE GUNN ANNOUNCE ROC NATION MANAGEMENT DEALS". The Source. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- "Westside Gunn Expands His Rap Dynasty With 'Pray for Paris'". HYPEBEAST. Retrieved 2020-04-21.
- "Westside Gunn: Pray For Paris". Pitchfork.
- Strauss, Matthew (July 1, 2020). "Westside Gunn Details New Album Flygod Is an Awesome God II". Pitchfork. Retrieved July 3, 2020.
- Caraan, Sophie (October 2, 2020). "Westside Gunn Asks All the Right Questions on New Album 'WHO MADE THE SUNSHINE'". Hypebeast. Retrieved October 2, 2020.