The Westchester Knicks are an American professional basketball team of the NBA G League and is an affiliate of the New York Knicks in the National Basketball Association (NBA). Based in Westchester County, the Knicks play their home games at Westchester County Center in White Plains, New York.
|League||NBA G League|
|Arena||Westchester County Center|
|Location||White Plains, New York|
|Team colors||Blue, orange, silver, black, white|
|General manager||Allan Houston|
|Head coach||Derrick Alston|
|Ownership||New York Knicks|
|Affiliation(s)||New York Knicks|
|Division/Conference titles||1 (2018)|
The Knicks had filed for trademarks for five possible names: New York 914s, New York 'Bockers, New York Plainsmen, New York Empire, and New York Hutch. On May 14, 2014, the Westchester Knicks name and logo were announced; in addition to retaining the parent club's "Knicks" name, the Knicks had also incorporated the original "Father Knickerbocker" logo (drawn by Willard Mullin) which was in use by the parent Knicks from the team's founding in 1946 until 1964. The logo later changed to the current one, which resembles the New York Knicks' current logo.
On September 3, 2014 The Westchester Knicks acquired 16 players on the 2014 NBA Development League Expansion Draft. On October 13 Kevin Whitted was named as the first coach of Westchester. On November 1, in the 2014 NBA D-League Draft, the Westchester Knicks made second-round guard Joseph Bertrand their first ever selection. On November 16 they made their regular season debut in an 84-91 loss against the local Oklahoma City Blue. Three days later they made their home debut, again losing, this time against the Canton Charge on an 84-88 affair. Their first win came on November 21 against the Grand Rapids Drive in their third game, which they won by 97-83 at home.
On March 30, 2015, the Knicks announced via Twitter that head coach Kevin Whitted was relieved of his duties and that assistant coach Craig Hodges would serve as the interim head coach for the final week of the 2014-15 season. The Knicks were 10-36 at the time for Whitted's firing, which was second worst in the Development League. Whitted became the first head coach to be fired in franchise history.
On October 7, 2015, the Westchester Knicks hired Mike Miller to be their head coach. Previously he served as an assistant coach for the Austin Toros. On October 27, 2015, the Westchester Knicks hired Coby Karl and Derrick Alston as the assistant basketball coaches. On October 31, 2015, with the second pick in the NBA D-League draft, The Westchester Knicks drafted Jimmer Fredette.
All NBA D-League prospects — players whose rights are not owned by NBA teams — are free agents and are eligible to be called up to the NBA.
- Guard Langston Galloway received a 10-day contract with the New York Knicks on January 7, 2015. 
- Forward Thanasis Antetokounmpo received a 10-day contract with the New York Knicks on January 29, 2016.
- Guard Jimmer Fredette received a 10-day contract with the New York Knicks on February 22, 2016.
|Season||Division||Regular season||Postseason results|
|2015–16||Atlantic||2nd||28||22||.560||Lost First Round (Sioux Falls) 0–2|
|2017–18||Atlantic||1st||32||18||.640||Lost Conf. Semifinal (Raptors) 80–92|
|2018–19||Atlantic||2nd||29||21||.580||Won First Round (Windy City) 95–82|
Lost Conf. Semifinal (Lakeland) 91–104
|Regular season record||118||132||.472|
Westchester Knicks roster
|#||Head coach||Term||Regular season||Playoffs||Achievements|
- New York Knicks (2014–present)
- "Knicks Reveal Name of New NBA D-League Team: 'Westchester Knicks'". NBA Media Ventures, LLC. May 14, 2014. Retrieved July 16, 2017.
- Archino, Joe (March 10, 2017). "Looking Back on the First Three Years in Westchester". NBA Media Ventures, LLC. Retrieved December 4, 2017.
- "Westchester Knicks Reproduction Guideline Sheet". NBA Properties, Inc. Retrieved September 14, 2016.
- "Derrick Alston Named Westchester Knicks Head Coach". GLeague.NBA.com (Press release). NBA Media Ventures, LLC. August 20, 2019. Retrieved September 19, 2019.
- "NBA D-League Expands to 18 as Knicks Purchase Team". NBA Development League. March 10, 2014. Retrieved March 10, 2014.
- Knicks File For Trademarks On Five Potential D-League Team Names
- WESTCHESTER KNICKS ACQUIRE RIGHTS TO 16 PLAYERS IN EXPANSION DRAFT
- KEVIN WHITTED NAMED WESTCHESTER KNICKS HEAD COACH
- WESTCHESTER KNICKS SELECT SIX PLAYERS IN 2014 NBADL DRAFT
- Westchester Knicks Drop Season Opener 91-84
- Westchester Knicks Lose 88-84
- WESTCHESTER KNICKS NOTCH FIRST-EVER FRANCHISE WIN
- "Knicks Call Up Langston Galloway from Westchester Affiliate". NBA.com. January 7, 2015. Retrieved January 7, 2015.
- "2015-16 GATORADE Call-Ups". NBA Development League. Retrieved February 6, 2016.
- "Knicks Call Up Langston Galloway from Westchester Affiliate". NBA Development League. January 7, 2015.