1946–47 New York Knicks season
The 1946–47 New York Knicks season was the first season of the franchise in the National Basketball Association (NBA). The Knicks, the shortened form of Knickerbockers, named for Father Knickerbocker (a popular symbol of New York), are one of only two teams of the original National Basketball Association still located in its original city (the other being the Boston Celtics). The Knickerbockers first head coach was Neil Cohalan.
|1946–47 New York Knicks season|
|Head coach||Neil Cohalan|
|General manager||Ned Irish|
|Arena||Madison Square Garden|
|Place||Division: 3rd (Eastern)|
|Playoff finish||BAA Semifinals|
(Lost to Warriors 0–2)
New York Knicks roster
The Knicks' (and the BAA's) first game was played on November 1, 1946, against the Toronto Huskies as the New York Knickerbockers at Toronto's Maple Leaf Gardens, where the Knickerbockers won 68–66.
|3||x-New York Knicks||33||27||.550||16|
Record vs. opponentsEdit
|1946-47 BAA Records|
|1946–47 Game Log|
BAA First RoundEdit
- Game 1 @ Cleveland: Cleveland 77, New York 51
- Game 2 @ New York: New York 86, Cleveland 74
- Game 3 @ New York: New York 93, Cleveland 71
- Game 1 @ Philadelphia: Philadelphia 82, New York 70
- Game 2 @ New York: Philadelphia 72, New York 53 
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game|
|January 21, 1947
||To New York Knicks
|To Toronto Huskies|
|Player||Date sold||New team|
|Jake Weber||December 2, 1946||Providence Steamrollers|
|Ralph Kaplowitz||January 16, 1947||Philadelphia Warriors|
|Hank Rosenstein||January 26, 1947||Providence Steamrollers|
|Nat Militzok||February, 1947||Toronto Huskies|
- Goldaper, Sam. The First Game, National Basketball Association. Accessed 2008-03-25.
- 1946–47 New York Knickerbockers Statistics – Basketball-Reference.com
- "1946-47 New York Knicks Transactions". Basketball Reference. Accessed on June 21, 2017.
- "Nat Militzok Stats". Basketball Reference. Accessed on June 21, 2017.