West Kingston, Jamaica
West Kingston is an area of Kingston, Jamaica, that includes the communities of Tivoli Gardens and Denham Town It is known for violence, gangs, and reggae musicians who have emerged from the area.
Violent clashes with police have taken place here, especially in the Tivoli Gardens, including the 2010 Kingston unrest, known locally as the "Tivoli Incursion". CVM Television aired a documentary on this conflict with the military and police that took place in Tivoli Gardens.
- "The Collapse of the Old Order in West Kingston, Jamaica - caribbean-events.com". www.caribbean-events.com.
- "West Kingston residents urged to help fight gang violence". jamaica-gleaner.com.
- "Artists and bands from West Kingston, Jamaica". AllMusic.
- "Police clash with gunmen in West Kingston". The Gleaner. 16 July 2016. Retrieved 7 December 2017.
- Mackey, Robert (2010-05-25). "Following Jamaica's State of Emergency Online". The Lede. Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- "Traces of a Massacre". The New Yorker. Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- Television Jamaica (2016-07-15), Gunmen and Police clash in Tivoli Gardens West Kingston- Prime Time News- July 15 2016, retrieved 2018-06-25
|This Jamaican location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|